What Are You Watching?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent quite a nice half hour or so chatting with a lovely you Canadian woman and her daughter's last night. She highly recommends Coronation Street. So that's another to add to the list of things to watch.

Coronation Street? Only if you like soap operas. It's been on TV for eons. I've watched one or two episodes way, way back. Couldn't stand it!

Anne with an e on Netflix, I relate to her crazy awkward personality

Coronation Street? Only if you like soap operas. It's been on TV for eons. I've watched one or two episodes way, way back. Couldn't stand it!

I have been to the film set lol - to be honest I don’t enjoy any of the British soaps. East Enders is probably the most watchable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love old movies and TV shows so tonight I'm watching an episode of The Saint with Roger Moore. He plays Simon Templar, a role that's very similar to James Bond.

I watched “The Sinner” on Netflix yesterday and started watching “The Five” today. Both are really good. I don’t watch Netflix as much as I do Amazon Prime, so I was really impressed with the amount of original programming Netflix has now. I guess I’ll be binging Netflix instead of Prime over the next few weeks.

Watching Australian Survivor and first one voted off (American) had an idol around his neck.

Last edited:
Anne with an e on Netflix, I relate to her crazy awkward personality

I have been to the film set lol - to be honest I don’t enjoy any of the British soaps. East Enders is probably the most watchable.

I know its a personal thing but I think British soaps are just dreadful and Eastenders is one of the worst! They are all over the top sensationalist drama - if I want to watch that I watch the news! LOL!

Still bingeing on TWD, but I'm getting very close to the end.

Orange is the New Black has new episodes, as does Shameless, so I'll be catching up on those before I make the decision to watch either Outlander or GOT.

I *might* still be procrastinating on watching those. Just so so scared I'll be disappointed, I loved the books so much! Or well, at least the first two books of GOT. I need to finish my current book and start on the third GOT book soon. I've read everything Outlander already ;)

Still bingeing on TWD, but I'm getting very close to the end.

Orange is the New Black has new episodes, as does Shameless, so I'll be catching up on those before I make the decision to watch either Outlander or GOT.

I *might* still be procrastinating on watching those. Just so so scared I'll be disappointed, I loved the books so much! Or well, at least the first two books of GOT. I need to finish my current book and start on the third GOT book soon. I've read everything Outlander already ;)

I have no idea what TWD is, but I've started Orange is the New Black. Episode 1 feels like there should be an episode before it; I felt disjointed watching it. I've not watched Shameless, either. I don't think I've heard of that.

I've read all of the GoT books and wish he would write the next one! Right now, the show is ahead of the books and that makes me mad. I'm looking forward to the new season, but not so much because it's the last season. I don't know if they'll do a good job because the story can go so many ways. I really hope Arya Stark ends up on the Iron Throne.

I haven't read all of the Outlander books, I'm procrastinating. I really should just buck up and get the audio books of the ones I haven't read yet. I'm on the sixth book. I don't have time to read books anymore because I'm usually knitting in my spare time. So listening to books is how I get my reading in.

I have definitely gotten hooked on both series. I subscribe to Starz when Outlander is playing and HBO when GOT is on. (ETA: I bought each of the GOT series in digital format. I can binge whenever I want to. :thumbs:)

Watching Queen of the South on Netflix - definitely worth watching if you are looking for something new. Before that we binged on The Killing and The Fall before that.

Haven't watched Queen of the South, I'll give it a go. However, The Killing and The Fall were awesome!!

It looks like I am the only one watching sci-fiction. Westworld second season was such boring series, Hopkins did not act a lot in it, Maybe book is better but second season sucks

Its been a few weeks since the first time I watched season two and i am watching it again... its not thaaaaaaat bad on a rewarch but it still not very good. I was also dissapoonted with it. Specially with what they did to Dolores. I just cant stand her. And poor poor Teddy. And Bernard is confused the whole season haha.

Besides rewarching the second season of westworld i rewatched Terminator: the Sarah Connor Cronicles. Its okay. There are a few very boring episodes but it was getting interesting when they cancelled it.

I was going to watch Netflix yesterday, but muscle relaxant put me to sleep all day long. I just went through a list of what is expiring on Netflix soon to see if there's anything I want to see and this thread to add some things to my list to watch today.

It appears I did watch the first season of Marcella, but don't remember it, so I may refresh my memory with the trailer & the last episode of that season before starting season 2. But first the soon-to-expire ones I picked.

ETA: I just watched 2 really thoroughly depressing movies Bordertown with Jennifer Lopez and Antonio Banderaz about cover-up of multiple rapes & murders of Ciudad Juárez girls/women, which is based on true events. The other was a documentary called Who Took Johnny, a boy kidnapped in a Des Moines suburb while on his Sunday morning paper route to become the victim of a human trafficking ring. Both expire from Netflix soon. Strangely enough, I just spent a night in the West Des Moines community 2 nights ago. And of course I remember when the faces of missing children started appearing on milk cartons all of a sudden, which was a result of this case.

Next I am going to watch Iris, which should not be depressing, particularly since she is still alive at 96 and thriving.

Last edited:
BF and I recently finished all of Star Trek: The Next Generation and now we're over halfway through Voyager. Not sure what's next!!

Watched Fargo season 3 on netflix. It was fine. I dont think I’ll ever watch it again, but it was okay, just not my cup of tea.

Wow, Expedition Happiness is so wonderful. I am definitely going to be watching this again more than once. I know my husband will enjoy it, too. I always love to watch anything roadtrip related, but this one is really really exceptionally fitting for me, an inherent traveler.

This young couple travel from Germany to the US, where they buy and convert a school bus to be their home on wheels, then take an exceptional road trip through Canada, Alaska, parts of the US and down through Mexico and further South all by road. They brought their dog, Rudi along and a drone. He is a film maker and she is a musician, and the two of them were also quite adept at converting the school bus into a self-sustaining home-on-wheels. The whole package of this film documentary is just fabulous. I am so wanting to do what they did! Of course, we aren't as young and probably won't be converting a school bus any time in the future, but the travel part of it, we always want to do, so it's a wonderful program for getting more ideas of what to do and where else we might go when we travel. Even though we have been to many of the places they traveled in this film, there are a few where we have not and some we didn't see enough of that we want to go back. I highly recommend this film for anyone who enjoys travel and even for those who are interested in tiny-house conversions or scenery or dogs.

Here is a link to more about this adventure: https://southernchronicles.icebreaker.com/adventure/expedition-happiness/

My husband put parental controls on the NetFlix account, so now I need a PIN to watch TWD. In typical Chris fashion it is 4 random numbers that I can't make sense out of to stick into my memory bank. I did manage to watch 3 episodes Saturday night when I had him login for me. Guess I will be getting more done around the house now? Possibly tackling my procrastination list? Or maybe just reading more books.

My husband put parental controls on the NetFlix account, so now I need a PIN to watch TWD. In typical Chris fashion it is 4 random numbers that I can't make sense out of to stick into my memory bank. I did manage to watch 3 episodes Saturday night when I had him login for me. Guess I will be getting more done around the house now? Possibly tackling my procrastination list? Or maybe just reading more books.
What a pain! You know, you can have parental controls on each profile, too. Maybe convince him to let you choose your own pin for a profile where you can remember the pin and the kids can have their own profiles and he can put whatever pin he wants on theirs. That way you don't have to wait for him to unlock TWD for you.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/set-netflix-parental-controls,news-24306.html
Scroll down about half-way on the page for instructions on how to set pins for specific profiles

Last edited:
What a pain! You know, you can have parental controls on each profile, too. Maybe convince him to let you choose your own pin for a profile where you can remember the pin and the kids can have their own profiles and he can put whatever pin he wants on theirs. That way you don't have to wait for him to unlock TWD for you.

That's what he was trying to do, unfortunately it does apply it to the overall account not individual profiles. I suggested that he change it to something I can remember... he suggested that I get a better memory. lol. I really think he is trying to help me so that I don't tune out and hide. I spent the first three months after my grandma died pretty much not talking to anyone or doing anything. It was really easy to turn on NetFlix and zone out for 8-10 hours every day. I think he's worried that when my cousin passes away this will happen again. Right now, I don't mind too much because I really do have alot of projects that I started in May and wanted to have done by the end of summer... that are nowhere near done... but once snow flies or I get my projects done, whatever comes first (big money on snow fly) my tune will change.

So sorry, it doesn't work for individual profiles. That's really too bad. I've called Netflix before to give them feedback about how the website works, but that may or may not produce any desired results.

In the meantime, you could just write down the pin number somewhere you're pretty sure no one else will look for it (like on a post-it on the back of your Driver's License - who ever looks at that?)

So sorry, it doesn't work for individual profiles. That's really too bad. I've called Netflix before to give them feedback about how the website works, but that may or may not produce any desired results.

In the meantime, you could just write down the pin number somewhere you're pretty sure no one else will look for it (like on a post-it on the back of your Driver's License - who ever looks at that?)
I store pins and number passwords as part of a phone number under fake contacts in my phone. Or if you have a customer support number for netflix add a fake "fax" number. Just remember it is fake.

Back