What Are You Watching?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished up "The Staircase" on Netflix. I love a good mystery, but that really wasn't a mystery.
character69-smiley-face.gif

Finished Breaking Bad. Watching soap videos on YouTube until I decide if I'm going to watch Outlander or GOT. Adulting is hard.

Longmire - Netflix
Vera -PBS
Endeavour- PBS
I love mysteries and crime stories.
Was watching Killing Eve on BBC America. Didn't finish. She's sick! I'll go back, now that it's in reruns.

Isekai Izakaya Nobu is a great show.

Isekai is a show where the protagonist goes from our world to a different one. In this one a typical (modern) Japanese restaurant has a front door that opens to medieval Germany. The locals are introduced to delicious foods like “wasontap” and the raw fish that doesn’t make you sick.

It’s a slice of life anime, so there’s no real plot, but it’s short (10-15 minute episodes) so you can watch a few episodes between other shows

@earlene and @scard I think Broadchurch is on Netflix. If you haven't watched it, my hubby and I both liked it - which is a rather rare thing given our different tastes.
Yes, my husband & I both enjoyed Broadchurch. We watched both the original Broadchurch (UK) and the American remake, titled, Gracepoint (US), but by far the UK original was best. We were disappointed in the US version, which was almost exactly the same in dialogue, etc. in the first episode, although it did change direction later. Still it just was not as engaging, which is probably why it did not go beyond the first season.

If you come up with any other recommendations, though, I certainly welcome them, including foreign language with subtitles. We have a local television station that shows almost primarily foreign-language programming from a variety of different countries, and most of them are of the crime drama genre, usually cop shows, but some are more about mysteries, without cops as the center characters. As long as my old eyes can read the sub-titles, I will keep watching them, but when my eyes are too tired to read from the distance across the room I welcome plain English.

Finally started season 2 of Westworld... i am getting very dissapointed. I really really hope it gets better.

I'm revisiting The Walking Dead. I fell behind in Season 4 however many years ago that was. Decided to start from the beginning. I really want to watch GOT and Outlander, but at the same time I don't want to ruin my love for the books... plus my husband doesn't want me to move the DVD player out of the family room, but I can never use the TV there because there is always a step-kid gaming on it. (But that's a whole 'nother rant about my husband's parenting style, so I'll stop there.)

I'm revisiting The Walking Dead. I fell behind in Season 4 however many years ago that was. Decided to start from the beginning. I really want to watch GOT and Outlander, but at the same time I don't want to ruin my love for the books... plus my husband doesn't want me to move the DVD player out of the family room, but I can never use the TV there because there is always a step-kid gaming on it. (But that's a whole 'nother rant about my husband's parenting style, so I'll stop there.)

On the one part I kept watching because zombies... but i really didnt like the story up until Negan shows up. Then I liked Negan haha, but that is season 7? 8?

I watched a series on Netflix called, The Almighty Johnsons and surprisingly, my husband actually got into it. It is not normally his kind of thing.

amd, I love TWD, but since we don't get cable, only watch it when I manage to stay somewhere that gets AMC when I'm traveling (and on Sunday nights, of course.) Sometimes I do manage to catch up to the current season when they run a marathon and I'm in the right place at the right time. I like that. But I haven't caught up this past season yet.

Sadly, I also like watching Fear the Walking Dead, but I don't have hulu either, so can only catch it while traveling and for some reason have not had much luck getting caught up on it. I do like what they're doing with it this season, though. The episodes I have seen from this season have been really engaging.

I'm a fan of crime/detective dramas, and I've enjoyed watching Dicte, about a crime reporter in Denmark, and Hinterland, set in Wales, Case Histories with Jason Isaacs, The Fall, with Gillian Anderson, and Southcliffe. I've enjoyed them all but I'm most eagerly awaiting the third season of Happy Valley on Netflix. I looooove Sarah Lancashire as Catherine Cawood and James Norton, so charming as Grantchester and soooo chilling as Tommy Lee Royce. He was so scary that I didn't even realize it was the same actor that played Grantchester. If you like police/crime dramas, you couldn't do better than this one.

Navigator9, I watched Dicte (Danish) a while back on Netflix. Saw that a new season is on Netflix now but may have to go back and rewatch earlier seasons to remember what happened before this one since it's been so long since I watched it.

Earlene, have you watched "The Sniffer"(Ukraine)? It's on Netflix. The premise is basically a procedural crime investigation with the main detective being someone with a very, very sensitive nose and the ability to identify scents with an amazing specificity. Suspend disbelief at first and it is pretty good, or so far it has been.

Back