What are you Procrastinating

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finishing this shawl. It has been a bear! Doubling the strands added a bit of difficulty and now with 1280 knots to be tied in fringe ends it has become a dreaded project. It's off the loom now but that makes it easier to pile in the corner and not finish. It stares at me and laughs.
IMG_1825.JPG

Finishing this shawl. It has been a bear! Doubling the strands added a bit of difficulty and now with 1280 knots to be tied in fringe ends it has become a dreaded project. It's off the loom now but that makes it easier to pile in the corner and not finish. It stares at me and laughs.
View attachment 31721
That's really beautiful!

Dennis, that certainly is a beautiful shawl! I do hope you buckle down and get it finished, and don't let it beat you down. Unfinished projects can be a plague, but completing them such a triumph.

I'll finish it soon hopefully. It's earmarked for a charity auction at church along with several others. A couple have been given to cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. Hospitals are always cold.

Well, for weeks I had been procrastinating the cleaning and sorting out of the contents of our garage fridge/freezer......until today. I hopped right to it and got 'er done this morning.....mainly because we are getting it replaced tomorrow. If it were not for that fact, I would probably still be procrastinating over doing it. :eek:

IrishLass :)

@Dennis that's beautiful and so thoughtful! I worked medical oncology for a little over a year and met some really amazing people. You don't know the strength of the human spirit until you meet a 94 year old lady with cancer of the unmentionables laughing and asking you over for a Heineken once she's out of the hospital. Also re: always cold - I work in the OR now so it's 66 degrees and 48% humidity always. Glorious.

What am I procrastinating? Everything...cleaning up the living room...soap dishes...even making more soap! Also turning off the bathroom light. I can see it from my perch on the couch and I just can't make myself get up to shut it off.

Actually making soap. This has been the worse year for me as far as actually producing soap. I finally finished the dishes last night so I can make it, I’m on vacation this week and had big plans to make lots of soap but so far nothing has happened.

I don’t know what my problem is, buying a house and dealing with repairs and improvements has taken over my life.

Updating the white board calendar in the kitchen. It's still filled out for July. I'm not ready to accept that fall is right around the corner.

I have an excel spreadsheet for a soap diary. I have little cards I put at the start of a line of soaps as they cure. I number every batch and put the date. The number is the easy part though. It’s easier to read than a date, for really lazy people! :rolleyes:
Also you can make more than one batch a day and not get confused!

After being gone from home for nearly two months this summer, I'm having trouble getting started on that first batch of soap again. Once I do, the door will be open, and I'll easily make plenty of batches.

Moving all my supplies out to my "new" RV soaping area. And of course actually pouring a batch of CP or HP soap. I haven't decided which is going to be my first batch.

getting the soap stuff ready . BUT I did go out in 90 degree heat and mowed the lawn :)
Hens were happy as all the tiny bugs are now visible... well they are all eaten now but you know ;)

Back