What are these white speckles?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember that one, Teresa -- you were pretty miffed about it! :)

YUP!! And I share that nasty experience with others asking how to CPOP as often as I can to save them from that same horror. (Although, it probably would not have been as bad if I had put it on a cookie sheet to start with!)

Important lessons learned that day. Do not HPOP in a mold. Do not CPOP with the oven on.

I rarely use individual molds because of lack of gel. However, I CPOP'd my last batch of confetti soap, and it did perfectly. Then the loaf I also made did not want to gel, and I wanted it to, so I CPOP'd that also.

Here is how I did it, without problems: Turned oven to 150 (lowest setting on my oven, but my oven runs about 20-25 degrees hot), let oven preheat. Placed filled molds into it. Watched it fairly closely-every 15 minutes or so, and as soon as I saw gel, I removed the molds to cool on the counter.

All of the other times I tried CPOP, I had problems. I tried every suggestion I have ever seen. This time worked with no issues.

I think the moral of my story is this: My solution on how to CPOP may not work for you. You may have to go out and try something totally different from anything you have read. Just let us know when you find a new solution, as it may help someone else,

Back