What are the benefits of Goat's Milk?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how odd.... the science geek part of me is very curious about what it is in a plastic container that affects the goats milk that way, and what it is about glass that doesn't affect it...

Maybe there's something in the plastic that leaches into the milk? :shock:

Plastic absorbs the smell of the milk. We have a nice collection of gallon pickle jars that we use for milk. Infact, the thought of putting milk in plastic never occured to me until a wildlife rehab wanted to put it in 5 gallon buckets.

I will definately have to give the sour milk thing a try. I made unscented with oatmeal yesterday with goat milk of course!

I have been making only GM soap now for 3years. It is the reason I developed the RTCP version most use here on this forum. I don't freeze my GM, and I actually keep it in a glass 1/2 gallon jug that sits on my soap table 24/7. I actually wish it would sour a bit more than it does. :wink: I like soured GM in my soaps...makes a harder bar! I even make my best selling salt bars using goats milk!

Paul

I've noticed it helps make the bar harder as well. Alls I've been making for the last several months is GM soaps and my last 3 batches turned out all soft and squishy. Its been 2 days and its still to soft to cut. (I wanted to do an experiment with my non jelled soap. Both same recipe one GM one water. Goats milk hardened up faster)

What About Powdered Goat Milk?

Hi Paul,

I'm thrilled about using spoiled goat milk instead of regular goat milk.

I have an important question. Can this also work with powdered goat milk? If I mixed my powder with distilled water and then let that sit on my table for 2 weeks? Would it spoil?

Please tell me if this would work?

Thanks,

Tai

Hi Paul,

I have an important question. Can this also work with powdered goat milk? If I mixed my powder with distilled water and then let that sit on my table for 2 weeks? Would it spoil?

Thanks,

Tai

I don't think Paul's been on here in years. Hopefully someone else will know, though.

"I don't think Paul's been on here in years. Hopefully someone else will know, though."

I noticed that too but did not want to say anything. I am glad the thread got reactivated though because I have learned a lot reading it from the beginning.

Hi Tai,
Yes, re-hydrated Goat milk will make yoghurt.
To speed things up just add 1 tbs of real yoghurt and put in a warm place. Should be nice and sour a couple of days
Lactobacillus likes a more acidic environment <6 so maybe add a touch of vinegar
Roy

Hi Paul,

Thanks,

Tai

Spoiled Goat Milk

Hi Nevada,

Thank you so much for your answer. I am on it! :)

Tai

I have been making only GM soap now for 3years. It is the reason I developed the RTCP version most use here on this forum. I don't freeze my GM, and I actually keep it in a glass 1/2 gallon jug that sits on my soap table 24/7. I actually wish it would sour a bit more than it does. :wink: I like soured GM in my soaps...makes a harder bar! I even make my best selling salt bars using goats milk!

Paul

What is the RTCP version. I love goats milk soap, but I have tried making it with ice cubes (that is a pain in the butt). I did the split method (soap was a bit too soft). What is your method. Thanks.....

Back