What’s with the halo?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@TashaBird didn't you have this problem with one of your soaps with embeds?
Yes, I did. Still a mystery. Actually, looking back it seems as though it was between two layers. Still, there was only a half hour or so between. So, still a mystery.

Attachments

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's attracted to the weed :-D
At first it was just on the borders of the soap, then it started appearing around the embeds. So weird! I’d think if it was the .5% vanillin it would be throughout! Soap is so weird.

Mobjack Bay

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
This is the third time I’ve seen that kind of halo. The first example is in a soap @dibbles made for a competition, where batter was swirled over top of a diagonally sliced pre-made half loaf that was already in the mold. The second example is in the “Browsing Soap Photos” thread where white soap sits over a black diagonal layer. Now your soap with embeds. Perhaps a temperature gradient is a contributing factor. Past that, I have no ideas.

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the third time I’ve seen that kind of halo. The first example is in a soap @dibbles made for a competition, where batter was swirled over top of a diagonally sliced pre-made half loaf that was already in the mold. The second example is in the “Browsing Soap Photos” thread where white soap sits over a black diagonal layer. Now your soap with embeds. Perhaps a temperature gradient is a contributing factor. Past that, I have no ideas.
I’m super curious if it’ll change over the cure. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Like I said, soap is weird.

Latest posts