Whaaaaaaa, can't use this soap I made :(

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoiPoloi

Reaction score
It stinks when you make soap and then you can't use it!! I made a Lime/Tea Tree soap, it's so cute, brown on the bottom, green on top, smells so nice in the shower. It stings my skin. It's fully cured, no zap. I have crazy sensitive skin and it was a stretch for me to make a soap with tea tree but I guess I was feeling rebellious that day. Oh well, the hubs loves it, no issues for him. Back to my boring old unscented bland bar. HAHA!!! I guess I can use it in the kitchen as my hand soap to enjoy the smell.
Ever make something and then your skin can't take it?

I know how you feel. My skin itches like crazy if something bothers it. I have had this happen many times with products I make after I put them on I have to get in the shower and wash them off. The first time i made a scrub I was itching so bad I took a benadryl and then hopped back in the shower to wash it off, so yes, you are not alone.

I have discovered I'm sensitive to unsaponified coconut oil, fragrance oils, especially when I burn them in my wax melter, and some preservatives.

I know how you feel. My skin itches like crazy if something bothers it. I have had this happen many times with products I make after I put them on I have to get in the shower and wash them off. The first time i made a scrub I was itching so bad I took a benadryl and then hopped back in the shower to wash it off, so yes, you are not alone.

I have discovered I'm sensitive to unsaponified coconut oil, fragrance oils, especially when I burn them in my wax melter, and some preservatives.

Wow! That is crazy!! What a bummer! Nothing like having to medicate over a body scrub!!! Yikes!!

I have crazy over sensitive skin too. Peppermint is not my friend although I love the smell. I also have a problem with I saponified coconut oil. I made high coconut shampoo bars and they made my scalp itch like crazy. At least your hubby can still use them up. You don't know what will work for you unless you try. Keep persevering and I'm sure you will find a fragrance that you can use. I find I am very hit and miss with my skin, a lot of essential oils are fine and I can use some fragrance oils at low rates. Most shop bought synthetic fragranced products seem to give me a rash though, especially face creams. It's a shame as I am yet to find a tinted moisturiser that doesn't have tons of scent. I keep using the olay one, but I get little red spots on my face at the end of the day when I use it. :(

I have crazy over sensitive skin too. Peppermint is not my friend although I love the smell. I also have a problem with I saponified coconut oil. I made high coconut shampoo bars and they made my scalp itch like crazy. At least your hubby can still use them up. You don't know what will work for you unless you try. Keep persevering and I'm sure you will find a fragrance that you can use. I find I am very hit and miss with my skin, a lot of essential oils are fine and I can use some fragrance oils at low rates. Most shop bought synthetic fragranced products seem to give me a rash though, especially face creams. It's a shame as I am yet to find a tinted moisturiser that doesn't have tons of scent. I keep using the olay one, but I get little red spots on my face at the end of the day when I use it. :(

It's going off topic, so my apologies but you could try your own moisturiser and then homemade mineral makeup. Mineral makeup doesn't have any scent and it's easy to make :)

Latest posts

Back