We're going to need a bigger soap dish...

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Susie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Conversation while getting ready to go to Walmart:

Me: Honey, please add soap dish to the list.
Hubby: What's wrong with the old one?
Me: Come see.

Hubby walks to bathroom.

Me, pointing to old soap dish with 6 pieces of soap on the very crowded soap portion: See all those? I have 16 more batches to test before July 22nd, when I pack soap to take to everyone on vacation.

Hubby: We're going to need a bigger soap dish!

shunt2011

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Ha ha. That's priceless. At least he's happy to humor your addiction. My husband is the same way thank goodness

Rowan

Reaction score
My hubby supports the addiction too. He's always spotting something I can use for soaping!

I hear you on the larger soap dish. I'm trying to convince my friend, who is a potter, to make me an oblong draining soap dish, about 2 soap dishes long. She's given me 2 normal sized soap dishes for the kitchen and bathroom and they are the best things ever to keep soap dry. Trouble is they are overflowing with tester bars!

Dahila

Reaction score
Right now I have 6 soaps in my shower, and can not decide which is the best. I have two favorites ; dandelion and cocoa butter, scented Nag Champa, and Coconut milk with oats scented with Hawaiian Plumeria, the rest is pretty good. My grandchild asks ; Grandma what do you do with all this soap in the shower:?

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I frequent thrift stores for a variety of soaping supplies, soap dishes being among the list. Not only do I use them in our home, but I send them with soap to my family when I mail them soap for the first time. I also buy those little 'soap-lifter' drainer type things to keep the soap off the water so they will dry faster, and include one for each soap dish when I gift them.

mzimm

Reaction score
Conversation while getting ready to go to Walmart:

Me: Honey, please add soap dish to the list.
Hubby: What's wrong with the old one?
Me: Come see.

Hubby walks to bathroom.

Me, pointing to old soap dish with 6 pieces of soap on the very crowded soap portion: See all those? I have 16 more batches to test before July 22nd, when I pack soap to take to everyone on vacation.

Hubby: We're going to need a bigger soap dish!
Oh you soapy people you! I'm among kindred spirits and I just love it!
Such a timely post. I just received this from Amazon and installed it yesterday:
https://www.amazon.com/JustNile-Removable-Adhesive-Shower-Utensil/dp/B01B4NOUG6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1466990008&sr=8-2&keywords=Justnile+shower+caddy
It took me forever to find just the right one. Didn't want something that accommodates 6 big bottles and one bar of soap. Didn't want an over-the-shower-head hanging thingy that would let all the soaps get wet every time I showered. This one is currently mounted high and dry on the shower wall opposite the shower head, and is home to 7 bars of soap right now. Call me very pleased.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dahila

Reaction score
mzimm you can put a lot of soaps there, to have easy access ;))
I think we all a bit crazy about our products. I feel better now I could actually test my goat milk also :))

amd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha! I used to have a huge shower caddy - at any given time there were at least 12 bars on it. I finally bought a smaller caddy that only holds 7 bars because I was spending half my shower time trying to pick out the soap of the day. We can talk about my 5 shoe boxes full of soap in the bedroom closet later....

Susie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but the "old" one is 4" x 10", the new one is 6" x 9". And I know that I will still have to rotate sample bars out of the shower before I am done testing.

Arimara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Each of us has our own soaps in the shower. My daughter has her own soap which thankfully is not irritating the snot out of her and I have mine... well, three of mine. I might also be using two soap dishes simultaneously as well...

Latest posts