We're going to need a bigger soap dish...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Conversation while getting ready to go to Walmart:

Me: Honey, please add soap dish to the list.
Hubby: What's wrong with the old one?
Me: Come see.

Hubby walks to bathroom.

Me, pointing to old soap dish with 6 pieces of soap on the very crowded soap portion: See all those? I have 16 more batches to test before July 22nd, when I pack soap to take to everyone on vacation.

Hubby: We're going to need a bigger soap dish!

My hubby supports the addiction too. He's always spotting something I can use for soaping!

I hear you on the larger soap dish. I'm trying to convince my friend, who is a potter, to make me an oblong draining soap dish, about 2 soap dishes long. She's given me 2 normal sized soap dishes for the kitchen and bathroom and they are the best things ever to keep soap dry. Trouble is they are overflowing with tester bars!

Right now I have 6 soaps in my shower, and can not decide which is the best. I have two favorites ; dandelion and cocoa butter, scented Nag Champa, and Coconut milk with oats scented with Hawaiian Plumeria, the rest is pretty good. My grandchild asks ; Grandma what do you do with all this soap in the shower:?

I frequent thrift stores for a variety of soaping supplies, soap dishes being among the list. Not only do I use them in our home, but I send them with soap to my family when I mail them soap for the first time. I also buy those little 'soap-lifter' drainer type things to keep the soap off the water so they will dry faster, and include one for each soap dish when I gift them.

Conversation while getting ready to go to Walmart:

Me: Honey, please add soap dish to the list.
Hubby: What's wrong with the old one?
Me: Come see.

Hubby walks to bathroom.

Me, pointing to old soap dish with 6 pieces of soap on the very crowded soap portion: See all those? I have 16 more batches to test before July 22nd, when I pack soap to take to everyone on vacation.

Hubby: We're going to need a bigger soap dish!
Oh you soapy people you! I'm among kindred spirits and I just love it!
Such a timely post. I just received this from Amazon and installed it yesterday:
https://www.amazon.com/JustNile-Removable-Adhesive-Shower-Utensil/dp/B01B4NOUG6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1466990008&sr=8-2&keywords=Justnile+shower+caddy
It took me forever to find just the right one. Didn't want something that accommodates 6 big bottles and one bar of soap. Didn't want an over-the-shower-head hanging thingy that would let all the soaps get wet every time I showered. This one is currently mounted high and dry on the shower wall opposite the shower head, and is home to 7 bars of soap right now. Call me very pleased.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
mzimm you can put a lot of soaps there, to have easy access ;))
I think we all a bit crazy about our products. I feel better now I could actually test my goat milk also :))

Ha! I used to have a huge shower caddy - at any given time there were at least 12 bars on it. I finally bought a smaller caddy that only holds 7 bars because I was spending half my shower time trying to pick out the soap of the day. We can talk about my 5 shoe boxes full of soap in the bedroom closet later....

Yes, but the "old" one is 4" x 10", the new one is 6" x 9". And I know that I will still have to rotate sample bars out of the shower before I am done testing.

Each of us has our own soaps in the shower. My daughter has her own soap which thankfully is not irritating the snot out of her and I have mine... well, three of mine. I might also be using two soap dishes simultaneously as well...

Back