went to craft sale

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
I just got back from huge craft sale, they had 3 soapers, there soap was very basic/plain, mostly all eo's, no fun colors, swirls, fun smells, shapes, additives, i think i might have a chance!

That is huge! How much was the booth fee? Was there an admission fee for shoppers? Did you see many people making purchases?

dont know about booth fee, 8$ entrance fee, didnt see many people buying soaps, cause they were so boring! one persons shrink wrapped, couldnt smell them.

honor435, that is how I started out. Offering something different.

Although I do find the admission fee steep at $8.00.

Shrink wrapping is OK, but they need to leave one naked for sniffing.

I find at craft shows, its best to have the loaves intact and slice them for customers. Something about feeling they got a "fresh" slice of soap. Works for us.

Best of luck on your soapmaking adventure.

wow 8.00 for the fee... do they pay for parking too? Im not a shrink wrap fan either..they can leave one open though.

You should also check with some of the vendors.. for feedback on the show.

gracie
If i left soap in loafs, does it get to hard to cut? will it still cut easiyl after 4-6 wks? i usually cut and cure after 24 hrs.

Gracie said:
The loafs I leave out to cut are MP and are not difficult to cut.

I was about to ask... I'd imagine that a loaf of CP soap would take a super long time to cure and not be very easy to cut.

Latest posts

Back