Wellington Fragrances

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milk Machine

Reaction score
Hello! I am looking for opinions on Wellington Fragrances. They are within driving distance from me. I searched on this forum and 1 other and found some old mixed reviews and just wanted to see if there are any updated opinions. They have a lot of the same dupes as Scent Memory but much cheaper and, in my case, much closer. They don't say on their website if they are phthalate free or not. They also don't have reviews to see what other makers think. I might just have to buy some to try some but wouldn't mind any opinions. Also when I saw they carried a lot of the same dupes as Scent Memory it made me wonder how do these FO companies work. Like, does Scent Memory buy individual EOs & other Aromatics and blend them in house? Or does a company like that come up with a formula and have a manufacturer mix it and send it to them ready to bottle? Or some other way? I just got to thinking maybe the dupes come from the same source or maybe a Scent Memory or other company dupe formula gets leaked to competitors by the middle man?

Also when I saw they carried a lot of the same dupes as Scent Memory it made me wonder how do these FO companies work. Like, does Scent Memory buy individual EOs & other Aromatics and blend them in house? Or does a company like that come up with a formula and have a manufacturer mix it and send it to them ready to bottle? Or some other way? I just got to thinking maybe the dupes come from the same source or maybe a Scent Memory or other company dupe formula gets leaked to competitors by the middle man?
I got a trial size of WF's Dragon's Blood. Love it in the bottle, loved it in soap. When I went to buy it it had been discontinued and so began my search for Dragon's Blood. I tried at least six different ones...only one I liked and that was a custom blend by a private source. As a result...it's mine, all mine. And it's been that way with a lot of different scents, which is why I don't buy all my scents from the same company.

Now I have a friend who has a mineral makeup and skin care company. She developed all the products herself and when she first started out, she did everything out of her kitchen, then her garage with the raw ingredients. As the company grew, she sent her recipes/formulas out to manufacturers who would then return the products in bulk and they did all the packaging and labeling. Now days she has a warehouse...most everything comes pre-packaged and labeled and then it is put on shelves and then is 'picked' when an order comes it...including most 'sample' items.

And that is the way it is with soap suppliers depending on the product. They might develop their own FOs and then either mix them in-house or send it out to be mixed, returned in 55-gallon drums and then break them down into smaller bottles, or returned pre-packaged and labeled. You might has a company that simply purchases their scents from a single or multiple wholesalers.

I got a trial size of WF's Dragon's Blood. Love it in the bottle, loved it in soap. When I went to buy it it had been discontinued and so began my search for Dragon's Blood. I tried at least six different ones...only one I liked and that was a custom blend by a private source. As a result...it's mine, all mine. And it's been that way with a lot of different scents, which is why I don't buy all my scents from the same company.
California Candle Supply still carries one that is very similar I just always found it to not be as strong and complex. The Hardwood Musk Dupe he has is in the same situation, good but not as good. The problem was the original manufacturer kept upping the min order to where it was impossible for the little guy to buy from them. The last I talked to him they were requiring he order a 55-gallon drum before they would make it. Needless to say, I am hoarding my last few lbs of the original.

Now I have a friend who has a mineral makeup and skin care company. She developed all the products herself and when she first started out, she did everything out of her kitchen, then her garage with the raw ingredients. As the company grew, she sent her recipes/formulas out to manufacturers who would then return the products in bulk and they did all the packaging and labeling. Now days she has a warehouse...most everything comes pre-packaged and labeled and then it is put on shelves and then is 'picked' when an order comes it...including most 'sample' items.

And that is the way it is with soap suppliers depending on the product. They might develop their own FOs and then either mix them in-house or send it out to be mixed, returned in 55-gallon drums and then break them down into smaller bottles, or returned pre-packaged and labeled. You might has a company that simply purchases their scents from a single or multiple wholesalers.
Looks like Wellington has DB once again.

Back