Well...what'd you get?!?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agriffin

Reaction score
How was your Christmas? What did you get?

We spent it with family. My guy got me some vintage Fiesta Ware which I collect. My Dad jokingly told my Mom he wanted a goose for xmas so she actually made one! So we all had a Christmas goose with wild rice stuffing for the first time. (We also had a back-up ham.) My guy and I have gone vegetarian but of course we had to try the goose. It was pretty good. Very different from other birds; it was almost more like a roast beef. Of course who knows if my mom cooked it correctly...lol.

This year has been a tough one and although I try to never wish time away...I'm ready for the new year and wish it would hurry up in getting here!

Happy Holidays!

That Christmas goose sounds great! I've never had goose, but anything that tastes like roast beef is good in my book. Yum!

We spent a lovely Christmas Eve at my sis's house way out in the boonies with family and friends. Our menu consisted of our traditional Polish fare from the Polish side of the family- peirogis, kielbasa and cabbage soup- and some non-Polish fare such as spicy meatballs, matzoh ball soup, tamales, honey-baked ham, baked beans, several kinds of bread, cheese & crackers, chips & dips and a hefty helping of varied sweets and desserts. That probably sounds like a lot of food (and it was!), but it's a huge affair with so many people in the house that it's almost wall-to-wall/standing room only. :lol:

My very sweet hubby bought me a Breville citrus press that I've had my eye on for a year (we have orange trees in our yard). It's a great improvement over my previous citrus juicer which was downright clumsy to use. Our oranges are ripe now, so I promptly went out back and picked 6 oranges from the trees and made 3 cups of fresh juice on Christmas morning with my new juice press (one cup each for hubby, son and myself). It was very yummy.

IrishLass :)

I had a nice time, I spent the first day of Hanukkah with my boyfriend and then Christmas Eve with my family.

My BF surprised me with a new TV and ROKU (that plays games). I was really surprised, he had no idea I have wanted a TV for years! Mine was 14 years old. My parents gave me some art prints that I love and had them professionally framed. They are awesome and going over my couch. My mom picked me out a gorgeous leather rose evening bag in red. Totally unpractical but I had my eye on it since summer. Then I got pjs, gloves, all the basics. Geeze, that sounds like I am a kid. It was fun, now I just have to find a place to work it all into my house!

Mummy (me) doesnt often get much in the way of gifts but this year I felt so spoilt. I got a watch and new sunnies from hubby and the kids. I got a gift voucher for a soap/candle supply place from my sister !!! which is very humbling as she really thought about what to get me. I have put my order in already and managed to somehow order twice as much.. hmm, guess i wont tell hubby about that till after payday. lol. I got a few other stocking stuffers but all in all it was a lovely christmas... even though I had been in the ER with my youngest the night before. Croup is a terrible thing for little kids. Made for a very tired mumma.

Well being a single mum, I usually dont get a lot, but hey I love just haveing friends around.....this year however I decided to but myself something special.....I spotted a Prada handbag that I adored....so I bought it for me , from me , lol

I cooked lasagna for xmas eve, had about 12 people an got the 'Hobby Cutter' from For Crafts Sake, Yayyyyyy!!!!

I got all my family here at my house for a week!
And now almost all of them have headed home. :)

We had a house full, I think at full capacity there were 16 of us. We had a blast.

Hubby and I took a trip to New Orleans for the R&L bowl; that was suppose to be our Christmas for each other. But I cheated and got him a dressy leather jacket, when I was sneaking it under the tree I noticed a gift with my name on it, he cheated too...lol I got a Kindle!

I went to Sydney and spent 10 days with my daughter, son and his girlfriend. This was our third christmas without my adored husband and my kids amazing father. These times are tough, but we talk about him often, laugh, cry and continue to grieve in our own ways.

I was given a fabulous 'Goodnight Kiwi' cushion ... such a wonderful memory of TV in New Zealand. I got a few DVD's ... 'How to Train Your Dragon', 'Harry Porter', 'The Big Bang Theory', plus the lastest series of 'Sons of Anarchy' and 'Dexter' ... downloaded while I was visiting. Plus some $$$ for soap FOs (yah), some art, a Sons of Anarchy hoodie ... and other bits and pieces.

I received many glowing reports about my soap ... and that made my christmas a happy time.

Best of all I got to spend time with my amazing kids!

Latest posts

Back