Welcome to the SMF Family!! Please read this first :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Shannon,

Welcome to the forum! :grin:

It looks like it's a wonderful farm. I think the picture of the lit jack o' lanterns is awesome!

Thank you for the warm welcome Hazel. Glad you liked the pumpkin pics too :razz:

My name is Karen. Mom of 4 grown kids and my TENTH grand baby will be here in two weeks. I started making soap a few weeks ago. I made myself a Facebook page, and I have a web site ready to rock as soon as I finish tying up loose ends. I've made 3 batches of soap, a bath bar, a shampoo bar, and a face bar. All three came out awesome. I am using the CP method. HP scares the boogers out of me. Right now I am putting any profit I get back into my supplies, and eventually I'd like to have a side line to help with our finances. I am on permanent disability so money is tight. Soaping works for me. I can do it on day's where I feel energetic and can stand for a bit, and frankly, this is giving me some self worth. The walls get confining when your not working or raising children, and this is giving me a social outlet as well.

Hello, I just joined this forum. I live in NYC and make Olive Oil soaps and lotions. I love making CP soap because it connects me to something that has been done for hundreds of years. Yes, I am old fashioned but not old.

hi! i'm cecelia, i have never made soap before but decided a couple of weeks ago i am going to start. i want to collect as much information and materials as i can before 'experimenting' so here i am :) i will probably be asking a lot of questions, hope no one is annoyed by my ignorance!

Hi, I'm Karlene. I'm fairly new at soapmaking. I sort of fell into it while convalescing after knee surgery. And now I am hooked! I've even sold a few bars. :smile: I also make lotions, body butters and I'm trying to expand my product line. There so many new things I'd love to try! I would really like to start selling online and I've even tried my hand at building a website but I'm having issues with getting the shopping cart and shipping charges to work in tandem. I would appreciate any help/tips/pointers that anyone can offer me on how to improve my craft and getting my online store up and running. I am so excited to be part of this forum and getting to know people on here.

Karlene

Hello I am Feather, we live in sc /nc depending on what is happening with my grands & great grands.;) I have made soap years past, but now am starting again & finding it difficult to find ingredients like lye (?) I would like to be able to speak with others who are making diffrent kinds of soaps to get new ideas & see what has changed. Thank you, that is all I have for now.

Hi my name is Kym, I live in NSW Australia with my lovely hubby. We have one grown daughter & two grandbaby boys who are just the lights of my life :)

I have been soaping for a while now and have been a long time lerker on this site :) The advice is always excellent and everyone seems so nice, I thought I'd join in the fun

newbie from australia..

Hello all..

I'm Merriam from Melbourne and I've been making M&P soaps for a year now, the longest I've managed to keep away was 3 days, I am a soapie for life now lol..
I've been making candles on and off but the biggest bee in my bonnet is ing try to getting the correct wick sizes..but half the fun is learning from mistakes I guess and I can always re-melt cant I.

Looking forward to getting to know you..

Welcome Kym and Merriam, we need more Aussies in here, would love to see some photos of your soaps.

Where in NSW are you Kym ?

Hiya Relle9.
I'm down in the lovely Gong (wollongong). Thanks for the welcome :) I'm waiting for new supplies to arrive this week from Heirloom then we will be having a soapfest this weekend so I will have some photo's soon. I never thought to take photos before!

1 question, how do I upload photos to the site?

Hello, my name is Maria and I 'm new in soap making. I begun recently to make CP soaps and salves and solid perfumes but I have to say soap making is by far - for me - the one that makes me happy and curius. I live in north Greece, with my husband and 9yrs old daughter. Thank you all for sharing. Looking forward to get to know you!

This looks like a great place to learn, and I learn something new everytime I make soap. I am looking forward to being here.

hello all ! :) i am irene! from Greece, and have been creating soaps since a year ago and its like i found the love of my life :) !!! am trying as much as i can to read a lot, creating and having and trying new ideas especially with the lovely section of essential oils!

glad to be here and sharing the same passion and love with you ! :)

Hiya Relle9.
I'm down in the lovely Gong (wollongong). Thanks for the welcome :) I'm waiting for new supplies to arrive this week from Heirloom then we will be having a soapfest this weekend so I will have some photo's soon. I never thought to take photos before!

1 question, how do I upload photos to the site?

We go down that way every couple of weeks or so. Kerry is really quick for deliveries so you should be making soap very soon.

To upload photos you scroll down to additional options where it says attach files and you can upload form your computer or what I do is load into photo bucket, reduce in there and then move them across.

Hi! I'm Jenny - I live in the US (in KY). I love baking, snapping pics, refinishing furniture, repurposing all kinds of things & now, making soap! :) My 2 week love affair with soap making has consumed my life & I can see this is going to be a love of mine for some time! Now to scour the forums for past posts on how to fix this botched batch (it's my 6th batch - cp - the first five came out beautifully, to my utter shock!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back