Welcome to the SMF Family!! Please read this first :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, my name is Gayle, I live in British Columbia, Canada, and have been making soap for a couple of years. I love it! I've heard great things about this forum.

Hi there,

I'm Kelly & I live in Auckland, New Zealand.
I made my first soap today at a workshop - it was so much fun!

I'm glad to have found this forum to chat to others about this great hobby :)

:) Hello, looks like I'm a Kellie as well. I make hand milled soaps. I'd like to try the lye soaps but experiences from when I was a kid with a hillbilly grannie kind of scared and scarred me some.

KellieT said:
:) Hello, looks like I'm a Kellie as well. I make hand milled soaps. I'd like to try the lye soaps but experiences from when I was a kid with a hillbilly grannie kind of scared and scarred me some.

I hope you don't mean physical scarred.
Welcome to forum :)

Yes, I do mean physically. I have scars on the insides of my calfs where the lye water splashed when we were drawing it out of the barrel.

Yikes, that's awful. I've gotten a small lye burn before I can't imagine how any that left scars would feel. I don't blame you for being afraid.
Besides, MP is a great soap medium too.

Hello All!

Hello I have been making soap for about 7 years now. Started out with M&P and then quickly discovered CP and have been in love ever since. I am now trying to sell my soaps and am still trying to find my niche, but i figure this would be the best place to get help. :D Thanks in advance

wanted to say hi!

Hi, I'm Tara & 27. I'm engaged with a 5 yr old.I just finally became an official member. I'm ecstatic. I've stalked and devoured countless hours of reading on here before. Most nights until 3 am. I can't resist, everyone is so friendly and informative. I belong to other soap forums however I've somewhat favored this one. Ive been CP,& HP soaping 5 mos. And M&P before that. My heart is in CP I love the options it brings. I really hope to meet you all and hope to be able to help in some way.

Newbie here

Looking forward to meeting others that are just as interested in making soap. i (forgive my lowercase i's.. my keyboard is screwy) began with melt and pour about 5 years ago and although i found it interesting i didn't stick with it like i have cold process soap. i've just started with HP. Soap making is addictive!!!

The Introduction Forum

just joined, thank you for having this forum
looking for ideas, have made soap before but it wasn't the best, want to improve

One more Newbie

Hey everyone, I'm Dave new to soap, made one batch and had some questions, and for some reason no one at the fire house could answer any of my questions. So I came here, hoping to learn how to make a "quality product" even though at this time I am not sure I can make anything worth selling, I just like the idea of making soap...

Hi!!

Hi all, I'm a completely novice soap maker (or rather potential soap maker) who's terrified of lye.. Or rather of making soap that has little lye pockets in it and risk burning myself or Someone else.. I hope u guys wil help me get over my fear of it :)

Hello!!

:D My name is Theresa. I (now) live near Charlotte NC. I am from Ohio originally. I have been making cp soap for 2 years now and love it! I am trying my best to make it my full time job. It does keep me busy!

a very BIG hello to everyone :)

Iv just joined this forum...Im sooo excited I found it :D
I have never made soap before and am just trying to find out all about it.I was looking on internet for info and stuff and found this forum...yahoo :D
So I wanted to say hello to everyone on here.....HELLO :D :D

Hi I'm New:) To the family

Hi I'm New:) To the family

I've always liked nice bars of home made soaps
I'm finally going to start making my own
I'm really looking forward to it
Forums have been great for other subjects so now here I am on the Soap Making Forum. VW

Hello - When I go to a gift shop, the first place I go is to the pretty soaps. After many years of doing this, I just decided I want to make soap for myself and for gifts. I am very excited about this, but I need all the help I can get. I look forward to getting to know all of you and learning about soap making.

Hi All,

Im Shadowdancer, (aka Rae) from a little town on the East Coast of NSW, Australia. I've been soaping for around 10 years (possibly a little longer) but have recently found your site. After stalking for some 6 months or so, decided to come and log in and perhaps stay for a while... or maybe a while longer than that! :D

TIA for the fantastic group of people you are, and for the wonderful information I have already found here!

Im looking forward to hanging about a little more often... when of course I should be doing other things :D

See you all again soon.
xo

Hello every one

Hello everyone. I am new user in this forum. My name is Joan Roark.

Hello everyone!

I'm new here. I found the forum while researching on how to start selling handmade bath and body products.

I'm looking forward to learning everything I need to know to get started on this vision I have :)

Hello there! I've been crafty all my life but soap making has been high on my list of things to learn the last few years. Well I have my first 2 test batches curing and I'm so excited.

I'm glad to have found a site like this one for me to look through for help, ideas and answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back