Welcome to the SMF Family!! Please read this first :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

I'm Shawn, I'm so very new to soap making. I've been researching it for about a year now. I've wanted to make soap for a long time. I've finally decided to try my hand at it.

Hi, all! I have to admit, this is actually my second post. I got lost in reading through the CP board subjects that I forgot about coming back over here to say hello. Sorry about that!

My name is Rebecca. I live in Oklahoma and have been a housewife exclusively for two years. That is semi-ending now as I begin my new, amazing career as a soapmaker. I am married and am a stepmother to two great kids who live with their mother in Chillicothe, Ohio. I am also slightly cat crazy and loooove all of the profile pics/avatars that I've seen of people with their incredibly awesome furbabies.

And I... am certainly a soapaholic. Unabashedly!

But, regardless of that, I am a baby when it comes to my experience with soaping. It began after picking up Natural Soap Making by Elizabeth Letcavage on a trip to Lowes for hubby's woodworking. It was actually his idea. He was a career Army guy who has only recently retired after 23 years. He likes to be prepared. For anything. Living Oklahoma, that usually means tornado season and the frantic rush to go to the town shelter at the high school; we live in a VERY small town. Four-hundred people.

On 23 October, 2014, I made my first batch of soap -- a basic bastille recipe scented with Lavender 40/42 and Vanilla Bean FO. On 22 October, my obsession was born. Cutting into that first loaf was entirely frightening, but it was such an amazing feeling to have made something so simple yet so complex. Since then -- civil servant payroll permitting ( he left the Army and became a police officer) -- I and hubster have put together five 5-pound loaves of soap with two more being made this coming week.

From here, it's nothing but upward-bound on knowledge, fun, satisfaction and learning from personal experiences that will shape me into a better soapmaker. And I do look forward to trudging that path with the people that I find here on this board. The atmosphere here is like nothing that I've ever seen in my time online. It truly is a family, and I am so glad to be a part of it. Thank you so much!

Rebecca

And, for the record, the picture is my spoiled little furbaby! His name is Poe. As in Edgar Allen. I'm sure you can see one reason for that name!

Poe.jpg

Hi SMF, I'm So Glad I Found You

Hello all,

First, you seem to be a very convivial, helpful and self-reliant lot and I thank you for offering a corner of the interwebs that isn't none of the above.

I hope after I study up and get a chance to pick the brain trust here that I will become a learned one who can pay it forward, too.

Thanks kindly for the warm welcomes. Thanks for ignoring my original registration reading comprehension fail (Har.) and cleanliness is next to awesomeness. Or something like that. :grin:

Iggymon, 06-29-15, 7p CDT

Hello everyone, greeting from Indonesia! :D

My name is Rosa, I'm a graphic designer and don't have particular hobby until I know about soap making 1-2 months ago.
First I'm a bit afraid of soap making because almost all soap making site pointing that lye is sooo dangerous. But the urge to make my own soap is so strong I finally buy my first lye. It turns out that soap making is, well, not as scary as I thought before. Instead it's addicting! X)

My first batch is soap paste (liquid soap) aannddd..it burnt! LoL. It's still can be diluted and have lather, it's just smell awful. Since then I learn and learn and this soapmakingforum help me a lot! Now, if I can say, my paste is beautiful. :D

I haven't try to make the CP soap but it look nice too. Hope I can buy NaOH soon.

soapmakingforum rock!

Hello There!

Hello there! New to this forum and soap making which I am addicted now. Seen lots of friendly posts and helpful advice. Hope to have chats with all of you. So excited...

New Too

Hi to all!

I just found this site and I just joined cuz of all the really good advice on here.

I've been making soap for several years now, 6 years really.

Anyway, I'm hoping to meet you all and ask a few questions myself.

Thanks,

CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back