Welcome to the SMF Family!! Please read this first :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of information here as well as a lot of very smart and helpful soap and B&B makers as well as Candlemakers.

Welcome Traderbren! :wave: Well, you couldn't have picked a better hobby (if you ask me). Amongst all the hobbies I've gotten into, soap-making is the only one that hasn't produced a bunch of dust-collectors. lol It all gets used up sooner or later.

IrishLass :)

Wow, what an impressive list of hobbies! Soaping is definitely the best one of course so I look forward to your giving it a shot. You are among an amazing group here that can provide lots of advice and support with your new (and existing) endeavors.

Hi
I live in the UK and have only been soaping for 8 weeks. I became interested when a friend of mine brought her soaps into work, they were so pretty I decided I had to give it a try and am now addicted. Hopefully I will learn a lot from other members of this site p

Hi
I live in the UK and have only been soaping for 8 weeks. I became interested when a friend of mine brought her soaps into work, they were so pretty I decided I had to give it a try and am now addicted. Hopefully I will learn a lot from other members of this site p

Ps sorry for the addiction!!

Hi. I don't remember how I found the forum, but I've been on it as an app for a few weeks. I just "discovered" the website this afternoon. I've been soaping for about six weeks (my first batch was April 5th). I would love to do the cold process, but I'm not patient enough to wait for the soap to cure to try it out. I start using my soap before it's completely cooled down! Once I figure out what my basic formula will be, I guess I'll switch to the cold process.

I decided to make soap because a local hardware store quit selling "Grandma's Old Fashioned Lye Soap." I discovered that was the only soap that didn't make my skin drier than it already is. I have Sjogren's Syndrome and my skin feels like it is two sizes too small for my body. It's much worse in the winter. Right now I'm just working on various combinations of fats and oils to determine what feels best on my skin. I guess I should have started this project in the winter, huh?

I'll be retiring from work in seven years and have decided this will be what I'm going to do when I retire. Making soap is fun. Initially, I thought I would not use any colorants or fragrances. However, the more I see y'alls soaps, the more inspired (and totally jealous) I get. So, I just bought a couple of colors and FOs to try out.

I have a bunch of fat to render tomorrow. While I'm doing that, I can make my first batch of colored and fragranced soap. I'm sure that will turn out better than the coffee "hockey pucks" on my drying rack.

image.jpg

Hey y'all! I'm new to everything! My daughter (10) has been making lip gloss with Vaseline and eyeshadow for a few weeks. All my eyeshadows are ruined now! Anyway, I figured there had to be a better way to make lip gloss than with Vaseline. She also watches royalty soaps youtube videos and is dying to make some soap. So I'm here to learn how to do these things and teach her ... hopefully!

And I just might already have an indie soap/bath addiction to begin with so making my own soap is not going to help lol!

Welcome Hopsimlp! :wave: Well, you came to the right place to get started out on the right foot! I had never watched any of Royalty Soap's YouTube videos before, but after watching a few of them just now, it looks like your daughter picked a good soap-maker to watch. As a matter of fact, I think I just became a fan after watching this particular one, lol:[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3puYIOsU2Y[/ame]

IrishLass :)

Hello everyone

My name is lynn and I'm new to the SMF and a newbie to soap making, so far I have made about three batches of MP and so far I like it.

And I look forward to getting into other techniques, and asking questions on making frosting for cup cakes, I have seen some of the SMF cup cake frosting and they look amazing, look forward to mastering that.

Hello Everyone. I have been making CP and HP soap for over a year now. I think in that time I have done about a million batches. I am a firm believer in a good amount of cure time and several great recipes. I have put all kinds of kitchen goods in them. I finally broke down at the urging of friends and for a very good cause decided to sell soap. (non profit fighting human trafficing). That is the only thing that could make me start another business. My husband and I already have a construction company. I am an RN. I also have other hobbies like cooking, canning, gardening, spinning and many others. The funny thing is after all this time of not many problems with my soap I had the first batch I made for sale separate due to overheating and had to do HP to save it. Oh well off to make a million more batches. Nice to meet everyone
Kat

Last edited:
Welcome artisan designs to the group! Sorry about your first overheat. I'd say your batting average is pretty darn good! Good luck with your next endeavor! A great cause!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back