Welcome to me!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevolutionSoap

Reaction score
Hi all, I just wanted to introduce myself here. I hope to be here for a long time gleaming from all of your knowledge.

I first got drawn here by looking for info on making my own soaps. My wife is having some nerve issues and we're trying everything that we can think of to go tout naturel! I've been studying this site here as well as reading some books I saw suggested here. We plan to give soaps to friends and family and maybe someday we'll sell, but that is down the road a bit. We're hoping this could be a fun hobby for us to do together.

We live in Northern Utah and love to travel. We're big music freaks so we're going to name our soaps after song titles for fun. We're about to make our first batch in the next week. First up Island in the Sun and Wild Honey.

Any Utah soapers here?

Welcome to the community! I'm looking forward to seeing your Island in the Sun, remembering Harry Belafonte's wonderful velvet voice and the rhythms.

:D
Welcome.gif

Ya know? I've been soaping for a long time and I can't think of one soaper from Utah. I think SMF has more soapers from down under (Kiwis and Aussies) and from the UK and other parts of Europe than from Utah! :D However, Majestic Mountain Sage in Utah has been around forever and may save you some $$ on shipping. They are a very good company to do business with. Their fragrance oils and essential oils are among the best. I use their fragrance calculator and it never fails me to give the right amount needed for whatever I'm making.

Welcome from Idaho, my Utah neighbors! This is a great place to learn how to soap, or in my case, how to soap more correctly. :p Lots more happy endings for me with all the knowledge gained here!

Hi and welcome! I'm only a couple of months old in terms of my soaping age and this is a great place to learn!

Thanks for all the welcomes! This community is incredible! I had no idea about Majestic Mountain Sage!!! They are only about an hour from me so that is awesome!!! I'm glad to be maybe the first Utah Soaper here. Originally a NoCal boy but both are home now. :)

Ditto, @MJB.

:thumbup: Also, if you've never used their lip balm bases, they are great! I make my own recipe but I've used a couple different MMS bases in a pinch and I really like them. A bargain too when all the oils & butters are premixed so you don't have to buy a half dozen different bottles to make LBs from scratch.

Back