Welcome My Newest Family Member!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KristaY

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't been very active in the 6 weeks or so because I've been busy waiting for the birth of 1st grandchild! Meet Emma Noelle. She was born on Dec 31st at 11:45 pm. 9 lbs, 1 oz, and perfectly beautiful!

I zoomed up to Denver on Dec 27th after shooing 29 people out of my house on Christmas day, lol. Normally I love hosting holidays but this year it was such a chore since I didn't want to be home. I was able to spend my birthday (Dec 29th) with my kids then help prepare for the baby's arrival. Once the new family got home, I stayed to do all the non-baby things - cooking, cleaning, errands, etc. I got to be there for 3 weeks and it was so hard leaving! I really hate being 800 miles from them. But my daughter texts me daily pics so I can get my Emma fix. :D

I'm so proud of my baby working through labor and delivery. She was so patient and focused but kept her sense of humor. The thing I didn't anticipate was how hard it was for me to watch her go through it! We always want to take the owies away from our kids but there was nothing I could do but talk, coach and encourage. I had to settle for being a cheerleader! And now a very proud Gramma. I flash pics of her everywhere I go - friends, family, total strangers in the grocery store. I'm sure people around town are sick of me and my photo gallery!:bunny:

Emma 01.jpg

Emma 02.jpg

Congrats!! Adorable! I also have a new grandchild named Lucas. He was born on January 3rd, just a few days after yours. This is #2 for me. I have 3 sons and needless to say was hoping for a girl but Im not sure I get one EVER! So Im a little jealous. But Im so blessed with these little boys! Again Congrats!! There is nothing in the world like a grandchild!!

Congrats!! Adorable! I also have a new grandchild named Lucas. He was born on January 3rd, just a few days after yours. This is #2 for me. I have 3 sons and needless to say was hoping for a girl but Im not sure I get one EVER! So Im a little jealous. But Im so blessed with these little boys! Again Congrats!! There is nothing in the world like a grandchild!!

Congratulations to you on your 2nd grandchild Redhead!!

LOL! I had a teacher who came from a long line of large families - and three generations of....all boys! He has 8 siblings; all boys. His dad had 11 siblings...all boys. His grandfather - large family with all boys.

It was my teacher's brother ....who's 4th child was a GIRL!. Guess who's getting spoiled?

Congratulations to you on your 2nd grandchild Redhead!!

LOL! I had a teacher who came from a long line of large families - and three generations of....all boys! He has 8 siblings; all boys. His dad had 11 siblings...all boys. His grandfather - large family with all boys.

It was my teacher's brother ....who's 4th child was a GIRL!. Guess who's getting spoiled?

LMAO! Ofcourse Im not the ony one! I myself have 3 sisters go figure and my dad wanted a boy desperately. He passed when I was 15 and so he never saw any of these boys. Such is life. No matter what being healthy is all that matters. Congrats again!

Thank you everyone for the warm words and huge congrats to you Redhead on your Lucas! I now know how excited you are:lol:

I'm hoping Emma's arrival will encourage my boys to get busy so Emma has cousins to boss around, lol. But all is not lost! My niece and my daughter are 10 months apart and grew up like sisters. My niece is due to have her 1st child in March and it's a girl! So baby Emma will have cousin Adeline only 2-3 months younger. I'm hoping these 2 baby girls will give the rest of the kids (all 9 of them) the push to get their families started, especially since the new mommies are the youngest of the lot!

On another, but baby related topic, do any of you have any words of wisdom to help newborn tummy issues? My daughter told me they've had quite the time of it over the last few days with her being exceptionally fussy. They had her to the doc today and she checks out fine ~ weight good, all systems look right on track, etc. The doc thinks she's not burping fully. They've tried everything including Gripe Water (which is new to me) and nothing is really helping. Do any of you new mommies have any other tricks to help?

Oh wow. How old is the baby? Less than a month? There are so many things: natural immaturity of the baby's gut system, swallowing to much air from incorrect position during breastfeeding, sensitivity to something in the mother's diet, and swallowing air from crying.

Our baby didn't have an atypical amount of issues, and we found that holding him/her in a certain position would bring immediate relief - which made us think that his internal organs were aligned in a better position.

I doubt I can describe the position but here goes: we sat with our rumps on the edge of the couch, knees bent at 90 degree angles. Our arms would hang down between our knees so that our palms faced the couch. Imagine the bucket on a front loader that's not in operation - the bucket is scooped toward the body of the front loader - palms scooped to hold the baby's bottom, with baby's tummy laying along the forearms. I crossed my forearms, but dad didn't.

This leaves the baby with legs dangling, body at a slight angle leaning on your forearms,(head also supported by forearms). You can either swing her a little, or stay stationary.

Your granddaughter is so young, if you attempt this position - have someone sitting on the floor with hands ready to support her head as you work out the logistics.

It sounds complicated, but we found this position purely by accident and noticed it quieted the babies immediately.

That's interesting, lenarenee, and thanks! I'm definitely going to send her this info. I think I see the positioning in my head and I think you're onto something. When I was still with them I noticed she quieted when daddy had her laying on his forarm. So bum was tucked into his elbow bend and head was in his hand, tummy down. She always relaxed in that position but my daughter and I don't have long enough arms to do it, lol. Hopefully it gives her some relief!

Back