Weird color change

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made a test batch of HP soap and I got it in the mold and had an oh “shoot” moment. I had forgotten the FO. So I plopped it back out of the mold added the FO. I cut it last night and when I got up this morning it is turning green.

The soap has honey, apple cider and a small amount of cinnamon powder and I used a combined FO. You can see what color it is without the FO because of the part that was still in the mold. My unintended control group lol.

What would cause green color?

Attachments

• D264040C-CA4A-4D01-A86D-AFB502693AF5.jpeg
    D264040C-CA4A-4D01-A86D-AFB502693AF5.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 16
I made a test batch of HP soap and I got it in the mold and had an oh “shoot” moment. I had forgotten the FO. So I plopped it back out of the mold added the FO. I cut it last night and when I got up this morning it is turning green.

The soap has honey, apple cider and a small amount of cinnamon powder and I used a combined FO. You can see what color it is without the FO because of the part that was still in the mold. My unintended control group lol.

What would cause green color?
It would help those who use FOs figure it out if you tell them what the combo was. Maybe it's a known one that does color soap.

The fact that you hp'ed this batch then dumped it back into the crockpot to mix in the fragrance I a guessing the fo was not evenly mixed in. As for the color change, this could be the normal color morphing before it goes brown, and it the fo only mixed in one portion it would change color unevenly.

Latest posts

Back