Weekend Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arctica 2.25_RC-1.jpg
Lily of the Valley RC.jpg
Blood Orange and Goji RC.jpg
I made three batches this weekend, and they all turned out pretty much like the vision in my head. That doesn't happen often. Rustic Escentuals Arctica, Fragrance Buddy Lily of the Valley, WSP Blood Orange and Goji Berry.

Oh, dibbles... swoon. Your swirls are always so ethereal and graceful. I absolutely love them - thanks for sharing!

Congratulations they are all gorgeous. I have to ask, how is the Lily of the Valley, does it hold and does it accelerate or overheat? I would never suggest NG's Lily of the Valley it is hateful and really does not hold well

Congratulations they are all gorgeous. I have to ask, how is the Lily of the Valley, does it hold and does it accelerate or overheat? I would never suggest NG's Lily of the Valley it is hateful and really does not hold well

Thank you Carolyn. I had some of NG's LOV and gave it away to a M&P soaper friend. I could barely smell it OOB. This one is very nice, and seems to be gaining a little strength as it is curing. I thought at first it was a lighter scent, but now I think it can be better described as delicate and medium strength. I can't say anything about longevity since it is the first time I've used it. But I would say it is a really lovely LOV, and behaved quite well. No discoloration so far. I could send you a sniffie if you would like - PM me.

Those are beautiful. Can I as what you used for your colorants? Micas, pigments, etc?

They are all micas, most from Nurture. Arctica used turquoise ( discontinued) and bronze brown. LOV was lime green and snake island green (Mad Micas). Blood Orange was Spicy Tomato (Mad Micas) Atomic Orange and Wisteria Purple (discontinued and I am so sad about that. One of my all time favorite colors). I used a white mica. I also blended a little of the darker green into the lime color to get the color I wanted.

Latest posts

Back