Weekend Soap Pot

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky

Reaction score
No one has asked this yet, we must be slipping!

What is everyone making this weekend?

So far, I have made 4 x 1/2 kilo batches of: Jasmine Dreams, Orchid, Beeswax & Honey and Turkish Mocha. I'd like to get another 4 or 5 1/2 kilo batches done today. I'm slowly working thru my stash of FO's...

I have a batch of moisturising lotion cooling down, waiting for preservation & scenting.

Still to make: body spray and I'm going to try conditioner for the first time today. I also have a bowl of beer sitting on the counter going flat, I'll be trying beer soap today as well.

What about you?

Made Berry Wine and Fresh Linen CP today! :D
Gotta get the bars beveled...AND trying to perfect Bath Bombs :x

My husband and I are building a light box and hopefully by Monday I will be doing all new pictures of my soap for my web site and Etsy!

BerryWine.jpg

FreshLinenforum.jpg

Sugar Scrubs
Body Mists
Lip Balms
Deodorants
Soapsicles
---Watermelon Jolly Rancher
---Lemon Jolly Rancher
---Green Apple Jolly Rancher

OMG Tabitha are you selling those soapsicles ????
Those look good enough to eat !!!!!

but i've been making laundry soap, does that count ????
I wanted to tweak my recipe so it wasn't a powder and it's not a liquid.
I wonder if i can call it laundry frosting instead.......

Since I don't like the homemade powder soaps since they don't dissolve enough to wash good enough. (In my opinion.)
And most of the recipes out on the net gel more like egg noodle soup, and seperate and are gross..... I was happy with the gel i was making that was a true gel, but I wanted something with less water to take up less space yet concentrated enough. But would dissolve well in cold water.

So this is what I came up with and it totally rocks, washes awesome, and dissolves well. !!!! Use about 1/4 cup per load for even really dirty clothes.

laundryfrosting.jpg

lol think it would sell ???????

Wow. Everyone is so busy. The soaps on this thread all look really great. Even the laundry soap!

I been grindin my old store bought "chemical" soap for laundry, and use the good stuff for me & whoever.

Took a break from electroplating to make this Valentines soap today. I had a little extra colored soap and hid a few hearts in the bars. Flavored it peppermint.

The gold plating on the brake calipers turned out ok too.

my.php
[/url][/img] [img][url=http://img255.image...ack.us/img255/8441/goldbrakesxp1.th.jpg[/img][/img][/url]

Hope I did the pictures right

OMG i'm so impresedd Phillip !!!!!

Your valentines so looks so awesome !!!!

And those break thingy's look just like real gold,

YOU DOING AWESOME !!!!!!!!

Hey Becky :D ! I'm not making any soap yet. My mold broke and I'm waithing on my new one. Just a note. I think of you everytime I hear my daughter flip-flopping around the house in those slippers (thongs). She loves them.

Lane what beautiful soap!! I really like the white and pink speckled one. I love the scent of crisp linen.

Tab!!!! that is sooooooo cute :D How ingenious! soapsicles. I love them. The colours/flavours are so neat.

Faithy, I'm intrigued by your laundry gel/soap. It looks quite neat. I think it will sell. I'm looking for something natural that'll actually clean my clothes, so I'm sure there's a market for it. Good for you :wink:

Phillip the valentines soap are very pretty. I like them alot. Gold plating? I've never know anyone who did that. WOW! I'm impressed.

You guys have turned out some great stuff. I need to get back into the swing of things. I imagine my mold will arrive this week and I'll be busier than ever. Keep it up :D

LOL Faithy, that is real gold. Took some of that gold I refined this summer and made a plating solution with it. That is 24 karat gold on them brake thingys.

I scrolled down so fast i missed Lane's picts !!!

That crisp linen looks good enough to spread out and climbe in between the sheets.......

LOL Pink, i'm trying to decide if i should sell the recipe online or the premade product. But i'm going to sell it locally either way.

WOW Phillip, nowonder why those look so good and *real*!!!
I can't wait to see them on your bike when your done with the whole process, you are so talented Phillip, and very smart as well to be able to do this yourself!!!!

pink-north said:
P.S.
Lane what are those pink flecks?
About two weeks ago I made some wine colored Berry Wine scented soap and I ended up cuyting them too small :oops: So I shredded them up and put them in the a white berry wine base. I really like the look of them. :)

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

It is times like these I realize how far I have to go in this trade. Lane and Tab - those are incredible!!!!!! Faithy, I love the Laundry Frosting - very interesting! Philip, the soap is awesome and putting the hearts in are a nice suprise for those who buy or receive them!!! Now, about the gold plated thingys :? I think I must of missed a post about why you are doing this. lol.
I did some shea body butter Fri. using the margarita FO - I put too much FO, but it is still good. Today I am making soap using the Mayan Gold FO. I am trying for the first time using a colourant. I will post pics when they are ready!! k

I love the pictures of everyone's products. Each one looks wonderful. Those soapsicles are just too cute!! What a creative idea. And I love your soaps Lane. Beeeeeuuuutiful colors!!!!!! Philip - I love the color in your soap as well. Great swirls. And Faithy, your laundry frosting sounds very interesting. But it looks too nice for the laundry. It looks like something I would want to slather on.

Sadly, nothing is in my pot this weekend. I'm getting ready to move and am trying to hold off on making more of anything so there is less for me to move. But I could not resist and ordered some new FOs for the spring this week, so I just may have to break down and make something.

It's laundry soap for me this weekend too. Not as much fun as the fabulous creations you guys have made. (They look great by the way) But as long as it's soaping I enjoy it.

My sister got married for the second time yesterday. That took up most of the day. Today working in the TOG Shop and packing the V-Day items for shipment tomorrow.

Paul

PS: Everyone who posted pics, great job guys, loved each and every one!

I did a show this weekend, actually only Sat. Here is what it looked like when I set up. I was pretty proud.

I don't think it was planned out well enough because no one showed up to buy anything. But it was still fun! I think next time we will get the word out a lot sooner!

Soapmaker Man said:
My sister got married for the second time yesterday. That took up most of the day. Today working in the TOG Shop and packing the V-Day items for shipment tomorrow.

Paul

PS: Everyone who posted pics, great job guys, loved each and every one!

Congratulations to your sister and new hubby. May they have many. many happy years together. :D

Lane your soap looks fantabules.. Wonderful.

I myself am all soaped out. I am encouraged and disappointed at the same time. I kind of like the way the soaps turn out. BUT it’s never as I have planned, so it’s kind of hard to get past the theory stage if you can’t reproduce the experiment. Perhaps I over analyze, It is only soap, Yes, but what a clean subject to think about.

Back