Weekend Soap Pot :Nov 7,8,9

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
What is in yours?

I am trying to organize from tearing everything up during Halloween so I can get the balance of my Holiday items on the shelves. I have things made, but not labeled, bagged, boxed & prettied up.

This weekend I'm making a large batch of my basic soap (Olive Oil, Coconut Oil) which I am going to use for rebatching as well as leaving plain. From playing with the rebatching this week I've discovered that I like it because it lets me do small runs on some of the "flavours" I want to try. I also like the fact that I can use the soap way sooner. :p

I also plan on finding some shaving cups so I can make up some shaving soaps as gifts for the men in my family for Christmas. I'll probably do more than that, but those are the 2 things I definately plan on getting done this weekend.

Cheers

I'm making laundry soap and also goatsmilk with oats and scented with delicious orange essential oil.

Seriously need to buy supplies to continue soapmaking.

Sudsy Bubbles

Still plugging away on 27 zillion pink ball soaps.

My back is hurting so I'm taking off today in the TOG Mold Shop. I am going to make a batch of Floap later today, with one of my new scents from Paige at www.soapsupplies.net I want to try the new swirl technique called "funneling" today. I'm looking at ordering a few pounds of Monoi de Tahiti Oil to use in my lotion and make a batch of soap with. Anyone have a favorite supplier for Monoi?

Paul

Soapmaker Man said:
My back is hurting so I'm taking off today in the TOG Mold Shop. I am going to make a batch of Floap later today, with one of my new scents from Paige at www.soapsupplies.net I want to try the new swirl technique called "funneling" today. I'm looking at ordering a few pounds of Monoi de Tahiti Oil to use in my lotion and make a batch of soap with. Anyone have a favorite supplier for Monoi?

Paul

may i suggest www.libertynatural.com if they still carry it, you won't be dissappointed. maybe camden-gray or fnwl.

heartsong said:
Soapmaker Man said:

Paul

may i suggest www.libertynatural.com if they still carry it, you won't be dissappointed. maybe camden-gray or fnwl.

Thanks! I just looked at LN, and checked earlier today at Camden-Grey, they neither one have it. I have found a few sources, but looking for the natural scented product.

my friend Marion and I just made 2 batches..1 salt and another my basic with peppermint. Should be good. Just in time for christmas. It was her first time making soap after testing mine a couple of times. I hope to make 1 more batch tonight for christmas.

pinkduchon said:
Paul: I want to try the new swirl technique called "funneling"

What is funneling?

You take a funnel and pour your coloured soap batter, one at a time, a little bit at a time until all your batter is poured into your mold. It creates unique swirls. I poured a 12" log this afternoon I'll unmold in the morning and show cut pics. It is a new idea that is floating around and I finally got to try it today! So far, in the mold, the swirls look great! I scented with Clove EO, Patchouli EO, and a bit of Atlas Cedarwood EO.

More tomorrow...... :wink:

I just finished making a little 1 lb batch of lavender soap. I think it's going to be my favourite soap yet!

My second batch was today. :shock: I infused chopped old fashioned oats in my goat milk last night. This morning, I strained out the oats, and I had a nice, slightly thick oat protein and goat milk. This is the first time trying this, and it worked great! I used my 12" TOG Log Mold with the silicone type liner. I scented with www.soapsupplies.net "White Tea & Berries" FO. I have used it in my lotion, and was dieing to try it in soap. It accelerated a bit, but nothing I couldn't manage. I even did a 2 colour swirl using the funnel technique. It was setting pretty stiff by the end of the pour, so I scooped the rest of the colours out and put them in my funnel. I tapped the side of the funnel and textured the top. It looks kinda cool. It has just came out of full gel, and I have the ceiling fan on high cooling the mold and soap off as fast as I can. Will post pics of bot soaps I did this weekend using the new "funneling" swirl technique.

Paul

OK, so I ended up making tons of Holiday M&P & gift boxing them up today. Not what I planned but i got the itch last night to do M&P :D .

Chay said:
Deda said:
Still plugging away on 27 zillion pink ball soaps.
What are the pink soap balls for?

SocialVibe They raise money for different charities through social networking sites like MySpace and Facebook.
It's a great way to do a little and make a big difference.

I made a batch of beer soap late Friday night, but no more. I'm out of coconut oil. Waiting for payday, need more!

Back