Weekend soap pot June13-17

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making up my newest design in TOG Molds and a unique silicone type liner! :) So far, tests are amazing. I made this soap in my test slab mold with new liner system Saturday;

DSCF3292.jpg

Paul :wink:

I think I made applesauce.

I have made applesauce before but it was fine once hardened and out of the mold. Ever have a batch trace quickly, like in less than 20 minutes? Then when I put the fragrance in and stirred it resembled applesauce. Is that seizing? Riceing?Then I added some red oxide pigment (it was mixed with the soap) I probably should have left that out but was eager to try it.

It looked like a real mess when it went into the mold, I'm dying to take another peek. I looked once and it didn't look so bad. We'll see when it comes out.

My clients' summer and fall soaps are done and gone so I have the summer off. I can catch up on my reading now.

Ok, Vanilla bean seeds here

This is the honey almond eo blend soap with oat flour and vanilla bean seeds

that is awesome!! whered you get the vanilla bean seeds from???

IanT said:
that is awesome!! whered you get the vanilla bean seeds from???

They are exhausted vanilla bean seeds. I get them from work actually. :D

And thanks for the help getting the pic posted!

no worries!!...Where do you work and how much do they sell the beans for!?!?! they want to charge me like $3 a bean down here in FL!!!!.....wHAAAAAAT!

anyone know anywhere online to get them cheaper??? I want to make icecream with them too!

yeahh like give me a straw and call it a vanilla milkshake...mmmmmm milkshakes

Back