Weekend Soap Pot 8/21-23rd

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Well its that time again.

What will everyone make this weekend?

I am making soap!

Also about 100 bath bombs! :shock:

I'm trying to develop a christmas soap for the swap now so that it has enough time to cure and i won't have to rush and send it off late like last time! I may also make some mystic night soap. I also made some shea butter cream for my dry skin LOL I decided not to whip it this time. I just made the batch mixed in my essential oils and put it in the freezer. I like it better this way cause its more like butter than cream?? Does that make sense LOL

Nothing in my soap pot this weekend, I'm getting organised to go bush next week for work.

I'm going to be spending all of next week wandering around in the heat and dust and scrub looking for corner pegs of mining leases :shock: NOT my favorite thing to do.

getting myself ready for my virgin voyage to a craft show. I have 3 weeks but I don't even have a table or any idea of how I am gonna display crap! GEEZ I am a mess! OH yeah, got a ton of remelting to do!

sarahjane said:
My coffee butter just came today so I am going to experiment with that! It smells so good!

I am going to try some of this soon... its expensive thats why I have been delaying it.

smellitlikeitis said:
sarahjane said:
My coffee butter just came today so I am going to experiment with that! It smells so good!

I am going to try some of this soon... its expensive thats why I have been delaying it.

It is expensive, WSP has the cheapest price I have found so far. I just bought one pound and it was worth the price! It smells so so so so good!! I honestly want to just pick up a spoon and eat it! It is very soft also so I think I will add some cocoa butter and a little almond oil and whip it like crazy! I'll let you know how it turns out!

Becky, what does "go bush" mean? We don't have a term like that here that I am aware of. Is that like camping or a vacation?

Dragon, whatever you do, take lots of simple signage. Assume everyone is an idiot! Make it plain & clear cut what everything is, does & cost. Open samples on your table will help you sell. Make sure everyone gets a business card. Do not be disappointed if you only sell $10.00 worth, next month someone with your biz card may call & order 50 gift baskets. Shows are not what they seem & you can not judge your success by your sales!

I've got 2 shows back to back weekends and 3 fundraisers coming up in October which is not far away (where the hell does the time go?) besides the day to day of the store. So I will be getting ready for all that. In total I have 13 shows between now and December. I'm going to be dead tired after the season. lol This year, for the first time ever, I am offering soaps in some of the fundraisers - I'm keeping it to just 2 scents so I have been a soaping fool trying to get plenty of batches of soap made in time to cure for a November delivery and stay ahead of the anticipated orders. So I will be soaping lots more of my Lavender Sunshine or Green Tea. I'm about sick of soaping these scents. I'm wondering how much more of a glutton for punishment I want to be and if I will offer a salt bar in just 1 fundraiser.

For candles, it will be spiced cranberry, apple jack and peel, gingered cinnamon and winter candy apple. I have to pour almost 400 holiday crocks for a custom order delivery by Oct. 12th.

And somewhere in there I need to make more bath bombs, bath teas, sugar scrubs and butter bars. And then more soap!

Tabitha wrote:
Becky, what does "go bush" mean? We don't have a term like that here that I am aware of. Is that like camping or a vacation?

Tab, to 'go bush' means that I will be going to the 'outback', away from civilisation, out into the bush. I will be camping, but this will be NO kind of holiday!

I will be spending 12 hours a day, sun up to sun down, looking for 1 metre high posts, taking photos of them and taking a GPS location reading of where exactly they are. The 'fun' part of it is that they are not always where they are supposed to be, or even in place at all. We could be out on a week-long wild goose chase. This is my least favorite part of my job.

Back