Weekend soap making....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earthsessencellc

Reaction score
over the weekend I've made 3 batches of soap and one more today, Monday. the first one I made was a Goats milk and Yogurt soap, I scented it with Lavender and Lemongrass, well I unmolded the loaf on Sunday morning, and went in to check it today OMG it is SO hard already! I had no idea!

The second batch I made on Saturday, unmolded Sunday, was a men's soap, where I used the goats milk and yogurt, but I added a little lard to the mix, and scented it with fig forest FO, basil EO, Eucalyptus EO, Cedarwood EO... and OMG it smells SO good, I made this one for my dad and Grandfather, who has been begging me for 'an old fashioned' bar of soap! Now this bar is well to say the least already a brick, it is extremely hard already, and it's only been a day..... I made these bars nice big bars, 5.5-6 oz bars each.

Sunday I put together a goats milk and pumpkin bar, all I can say it YUMMY! These are so good smelling, I added no fragrances or scents, i felt I wanted the natural pumpkin to come through, but I did add about 1/2 T of pumpkin spices to the batch.... My son said he wants to eat it, it smells just like a pumpkin pie. This bar is already very hard also, i cut it up today!

Now today I took a cucumber, peeled it, and pureed the whole thing, the cucumber came from my neighbors dad's garden. I figured it would make a good christmas gift to them for all the fresh produce they have given us this summer. but the batch has the slightest crisp watery scent of a fresh cut cucumber, I LOVE it, I added a little avocado butter at trace to supper fat it, then I ground (into a powder) some oats and added it to the bar also. No fragrances of any kind to this batch either, but OMG it smells so incredible already.....

Have any of you ever tried any of these before....? I want to make a 'banana split' layered bar of soap now! with fresh pureed strawberries, and real banana's in it, with a layer of cocoa butter and chocolate, OH YUM!

Darn IT now I've got to go and find me some chocolate to eat............ LOL!

Yes I do i sell them on etsy, there is a link under my name on here, you can click on it and it will take you right to my etsy shop......

thank you! I've been making soaps for a long time, i first started off making M&P soaps, then I decided I wanted more control over it, and I started to study CP.... been making soaps ever since, but just recently i've started REALLY getting experimental with it all and REALLY having some FUN throwing together some soaps!

Yeah I have to buy me some more lye so I can make me some more soaps, :( so i will be bummen over the next week, until my lye gets here.... :cry:

Latest posts

Back