Wedding Song Suggestions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandiebrown65

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
My daughter is getting married in a few weeks. She needs a song to play when the celebrant introduces them as Mr and Mrs for the first time and everyone is congratulating them.
They need something uplifting and she has asked me for some suggestions. I thought I would post here to get some additional input.
Any suggestions?

Hmm... Church ceremony? Religious couple?

When my sister renewed her vows, they ended with the ending theme from Star Wars. It was so majestic and made us all feel the excitement and importance of the event.

Last edited:
'Something Beautiful' by The Newsboys. We used this song for my nephew's wedding. Everyone loved it. It's the perfect song if you ask me. I've also heard of others using it as the song played right after their 'I Do's, as well. It's very upbeat, and dare I say, beautiful. :)

Part of the lyrics are,

'It's the child on her wedding day
It's the daddy who gives her away
Something beautiful

IrishLass :)

Hmm... Church ceremony? Religious couple?

When my sister renewed her vows, they ended with the ending theme from Star Wars. It was so majestic and made us all feel the excitement and importance of the event.

Not a church ceremony and not religious.
I’m a huge Sci-Fi fan so Star Wars would excite me. I’ll put it on my suggestion list. Thanks ☺️

Instrumental "Ain't no mountain high enough?"...Not sure if that's too "retro" but I think it's an upbeat choice.
This was already on the list 😉

Puccini's O Mio Babbino Caro The daughter is pleading with Her Father to let her marry the poor shoemaker rather than the rich man.
I wrote a string quartet version of Tonight, Tonight. Smashing Pumpkins had it withdrawn from MuseScore, but maybe there are copies around. I know of 2 professionals who played this at weddings. Do find a string quartet and not the rock version.
Handel's, Arrival of the Queen of Sheba.
Somewhere Over The Rainbow (Israel Kamakawiwo'ole) always moving, thoughtful.
Try and get live music with strings woodwinds. Amplified if in a lively, noisy hall.

My daughter and SIL went old school and used The Best is Yet to Come for their first dance. A friend sang It Had to be You during the ceremony. Both were pretty perfect choices for them.

My personal favorite was hubby's cousin's choice for right after the ceremony - When I'm 64 by the Beatles played as they were introduced and walking out.

Check out Longer by Dan Fogelberg. I’m learning this so I can sing it with a dedication to my husband at the music festival we’re going to next week.

Another great is the John Lennon song, Grow Old Along With Me.

Edit: These would be appropriate for a first dance, not the upbeat introduction of the bride and groom. I guess I missed that part!

Latest posts

Back