Wedding Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@TheGecko those are beautiful and I know how you feel as I remember making 60 soaps for my daughters wedding last year, the cactus soaps. I don’t know if this is the color you are looking for , but I made this soap wanting a “rust” look and used fire cider from Nurture . I hope the pictures can give you an idea as the lighting is not the best . Good luck and have fun!! Can’t wait to see them!

Attachments

• D6142B3F-9702-4C00-AFA4-681E7502F489.jpeg
    D6142B3F-9702-4C00-AFA4-681E7502F489.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 65926668-1132-4AB8-9179-5EF609CD196B.jpeg
    65926668-1132-4AB8-9179-5EF609CD196B.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 45DB174A-5317-4911-BA02-F432C75E32C9.jpeg
    45DB174A-5317-4911-BA02-F432C75E32C9.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
They are so pretty! I especially like the heart with all the little roses covering it. I'm glad you seem to have figured out a plan!

Working on it. Just figured out my Master Batch for Oils and Lye Solution. I just ordered four more molds and will have them by the end of the week. I also ordered more BRV and saw that Nurture has a mica called Fire Cider which looks like Rust to me. I am also changing the blue to Klein Blue because I'm not going to have enough of the other and don't want to special order it. I did a test on white paper and it's actually a little darker blue. Nurture is good about shipping so I should have my order by the end of the week too and if not, I can still get started as I have the Blue and a half bottle of BRV.

Checked the calendar and allowing for a six week cure, I will need to have all the soaps done by April 10th. And I'll start boxing them up after four weeks so I'm not waiting until the night before.

Just got done texting with the Bride. I sent her a link to some 'wedding favor boxes'. Her response: "Those boxes are so pretty, but I was picturing something with jute or burlap to match some of the other accents. Would you be heartbroken if I wanted to be boring and go with something like these? I just didn’t want to ruin your vision! " I told her that if she want burlap bags, she could have burlap bags. If she wanted Kraft Boxes, she could have Kraft Boxes...it's their wedding, I'm just the soap maker. LOL She finally decided on Lantern Boxes w/Twine. She has some clear Gold Hearts and I'm going to print out clear labels with their name and date on it.

I don’t know if this is the color you are looking for , but I made this soap wanting a “rust” look and used fire cider from Nurture . I hope the pictures can give you an idea as the lighting is not the best . Good luck and have fun!! Can’t wait to see them!

Great minds and all that...I just ordered it about an hour ago.

Back