Wedding Favors

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcia Thorne

Reaction score
I am a Christian so I won't use pig lard or anything pig as a matter of fact but soap looks great. For me I started making soaps about a year ago started making for myself then I made some as wedding favors for my wedding in November and people loved them so I decided after my sister in law insisted to sell the soap. I have since started a small soap business where I make and sell from my kitchen. It's bringing in a small profit but with time it will get better. The little soaps are wedding favors

Attachments

• 20220331_221214.jpg
    20220331_221214.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220131_160555.jpg
    20220131_160555.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20211007_153915.jpg
    20211007_153915.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 0
  • 20211005_080217.jpg
    20211005_080217.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20211005_080235.jpg
    20211005_080235.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20211005_080154.jpg
    20211005_080154.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20211005_080116.jpg
    20211005_080116.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 0
  • 20211005_080251.jpg
    20211005_080251.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20211005_080307.jpg
    20211005_080307.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220316_231122.jpg
    20220316_231122.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 0
Marcia, Your soaps are divine. I especially love the little ones pictures in your hand. And thank you for letting me know about not using any pork in soap or otherwise. I do have to take that into consideration when selling products as I know several people who do not use pork whatsoever. I too would like to start a small business from my kitchen. Hopefully I can be as successful as you have been!

Yes I'm seventh day adventist and don't use anything from the pig and since lard is rendered pork fat I won't use the soap nor the lard to make soap. So when making soaps customers should know just in case they are seventh day adventist or muslim

Marcia, Your soaps are divine. I especially love the little ones pictures in your hand. And thank you for letting me know about not using any pork in soap or otherwise. I do have to take that into consideration when selling products as I know several people who do not use pork whatsoever. I too would like to start a small business from my kitchen. Hopefully I can be as successful as you have been!
Thank you. I am trying. I love making soaps. If you want to start a business what I is I made small pieces and gave out as samples then I started making to sell so maybe you can try that. The pieces you give out don't look at it as spending money look at it as advertising and getting exposure. It's worth it

I am a Christian so I won't use pig lard or anything pig as a matter of fact but soap looks great. For me I started making soaps about a year ago started making for myself then I made some as wedding favors for my wedding in November and people loved them so I decided after my sister in law insisted to sell the soap. I have since started a small soap business where I make and sell from my kitchen. It's bringing in a small profit but with time it will get better. The little soaps are wedding favors

Yes I'm seventh day adventist and don't use anything from the pig and since lard is rendered pork fat I won't use the soap nor the lard to make soap. So when making soaps customers should know just in case they are seventh day adventist or muslim
I was just puzzled since I knew of the prohibition for Muslims and Jews, but not for Christians...as a whole.

That's why you should have an Ingredients Label on your soap, though I can tell you from personal experience that people are stupid. Made a soap with walnut shells...in bring red bold capital letters in a large type it said: CONTAINS WALNUT SHELLS. Lady was getting read to pay for the soap and listening to her conversation with her friend, find out that she has a nut allergy. WHAT THE HECK!?! Then she gets mad a me because I didn't tell her that the soap contained nuts. HUH? I saw you look at the ingredients label...not my monkey, not my zoo. I no longer put walnut shells in soap because even though I will win in a lawsuit, it's still going to cost me a crap load of money.

I was just puzzled since I knew of the prohibition for Muslims and Jews, but not for Christians...as a whole.

That's why you should have an Ingredients Label on your soap, though I can tell you from personal experience that people are stupid. Made a soap with walnut shells...in bring red bold capital letters in a large type it said: CONTAINS WALNUT SHELLS. Lady was getting read to pay for the soap and listening to her conversation with her friend, find out that she has a nut allergy. WHAT THE HECK!?! Then she gets mad a me because I didn't tell her that the soap contained nuts. HUH? I saw you look at the ingredients label...not my monkey, not my zoo. I no longer put walnut shells in soap because even though I will win in a lawsuit, it's still going to cost me a crap load of money.
Ok. I do have an ingredients list on my packages. This is very important. A disclaimer would be nice too.

Back