Wedding Favors

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cellador

Reaction score
I think I am getting an order for around 100 customized bar soaps to be used as wedding favors. Anyone have experience in this area? Tips or suggestions?
What's a good size for favors? I was thinking around 2.5 oz.

Yes, I have experience in this. I have a mold that makes 3 oz. bars. Also my regular size mold that makes 4.25 oz. bars. When I get inquiries I offer my 4.25 oz bars cut in half, my 3 oz. bars and my full size 4.25 oz bars. I have had some from each size chosen. However I haven't done that many so I'd say if you have different size molds, give them the choice.

I have done several baby showers and weddings/showers. I make full size bars and halve them. I’ve shrink wrapped them with labels, put in jute or organza bags. I’ve ironed on monograms on bags and I’ve wrapped them in pretty paper. I enjoy doing them. I only give the option of a full bar or half. I make special labels that are personalized.

I do Mardi Gras favors every year for a friend. We belong to different Krewes so we have different traditions - his Krewe hosts a luncheon the day before Mardi Gras where all of the members bring a small gift (lagniappe) for everyone. **Details on these favors below if anyone is interested** So every year I make 200+ soaps for him using this mold :
https://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/products/fleur-de-lis-milky-way-soap-mold-tray.aspx
This mold makes larger soaps than you mentioned, but WSP offers several Wedding molds in different sizes:
https://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/soap-molds-clamshells/molds-by-theme/wedding.aspx
Congratulations and have fun!!

**The colors are always the Mardi Gras colors of purple, gold, and green; but the scents change every year depending on his Krewe's theme for that year's parade. For example: this year's theme was "50 Years from Woodstock" so the gold soap was scented with honeysuckle for Janis Joplin's "Summertime", the purple was scented with nag champa for Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze", and the green was scented with green clover and mint for CCR's "Born on the Bayou" - all songs which were performed during the Woodstock festival in 1969. I also make (cheap business) cards for him every year with his Krewe name and theme for the year on the front and the inspiration for the soap scents on the back with a note at the bottom saying 'designed by:' and my website. It's a win-win for us both! His Krewe favors are perennial favorites so he gets to be a hero (while paying wholesale prices for custom product), and my company gets great exposure and increased traffic on my website!

Not the best picture since the colors are washed out. These are the soaps as I was packing them into tubs.

Attachments

• IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator:
Back