Wedding Favors

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WilsonFamilyPicnic

Reaction score
I'm getting married in June 21 (first full day of summer!)...backyard wedding, we're going to try to do a lot of stuff ourselves. I was struck with our "theme" yesterday....we are going to Costa Rica for our honeymoon. Tim spent a summer studying landscape architecture there and fell in love with it.

Anywho, our theme is "Pura Vida". Its how everyone greets each other in C.R. its like hello, but it means "the good life." How awesome is that?? So we are going to send invitations that say: Pura Vida! (explain that means) you're invited to watch Tim and Tara as they begin the good life together...etc. etc. etc.

Anyone have any suggestions for some fabulous CP "Pura Vida Wedding" soap??? color, scent, herbs, etc.

to sweeten the deal...Anyone who gives me a suggestion I use gets a slice o' the good life.... :D

hmmm.... the only thing I have heard about with soap at weddings is to not scent them so as not to "ruin" the meal they are placed in front of but that sounded like absolutely NO FUN to ME ;)

I might do a play on words with "pura" meaning "pure"... and do all natural colors and scents.... rich essential oils, match your soap to the wedding colors... that sort of thing.

I am not very good at this ;) LOL...

motherhues said:
hmmm.... the only thing I have heard about with soap at weddings is to not scent them so as not to "ruin" the meal they are placed in front of but that sounded like absolutely NO FUN to ME ;)

Same thing for candles :) However, if it's outside, and the soaps are wrapped, it shouldn't be an issue.

What are your wedding colors? What flowers are you having, if any?

If I had been doing soaps at the time of mine, I would have done a very soft floral or light rose. I had made wreaths of purple, pink and white silk roses surrounding a vanilla candle for the centerpieces. My colors were light purple and ivory.

What is your flower and colors? I helped my sister in law last year with her wedding. Her flower was the sunflower. I made giant sunflower soaps, scented sunflower, and put them in clear cello bags. I wrapped up the cello bags with ribbons in their wedding colors and made little tags using white card stock and my printer that said their names and wedding date. We placed them in a huge basket next to the guest book. (was kind of a little bribe to get people over there to make sure they signed...heehee) I printed out a sign and laid it in front of the basket that basically said, "Thank you for making our wedding such a beautiful and sunny occasion." Everyone signed the guest book AND they didn't have to worry about the tables smelling like sunflowers while people were eating.

Shrink wrap the guest soaps with a clear pvc, do a simple ribbon around the soap with a matching label that says Tim and Tara and wedding date. The shrink pvc will eliminate any chance for the smell to ruin your guest's meal. I think the basket idea at the guest book is great.

Then I would do an orchid type scent since Costa Rica is popular for orchids. Maybe tropical colored soap, blues, reds, purple, orange.

Just a suggestion. Good Luck sounds fun....I bet you're having fun planning, you have so much to work with regarding this theme.

I just had another idea!

Make your CP soap in a big, flexible silicone, angel cake pan. Like this:
http://www.goodmans.net/item.asp?n=TP-S ... c=DEALTIME

Frost it with another CP soap at thick trace, and decorated it with CP embellishments, or shavings, like sprinkles.

(I make cakes like this to sell at craft shows and I know their is another soaper on here who posted a thread about how they do it too...)

When it cures, you can slice it up and shrink wrap all the pieces, and put labels on them with your names and wedding date and something catchy like "A slice of the good life from us to you"....Put all of the shrink wrapped pieces back together so they form a cake again and make cakes for all of your tables...or put the "cakes" at your guest book... :D

Lane said:
shrink wrap all the pieces, and put labels on them with your names and wedding date and something catchy like "A slice of the good life from us to you"

I like that! Great idea!! :D

so this post is old, but we finally decided what to do for our soaps....our colors are blue and brown. so we are making 3 different types, a peppermint, a cocoa, and a peppermint cocoa. i made one batch this weekend and i'm waiting for more peppermint and cocoa to show up....
i'll post pics when i get them all done! thanks again for all the ideas! they were great, there are just always too many great ideas for weddings!

Back