Webstaurant review$$$$

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been buying from Webstaurant for a while and finally read the review submitted guidelines on their website. Many vendors will give credit for reviews (Nurture, for one) but Webstaurant will give $2 for text, $4 for photos, and $10 for video reviews of their items if they are among the first three reviews of each type. In other words, even if there are ten reviews for something, if there is only one video review you can get a $10 credit for submitting a 30 second video review. Right now I have $128 in store credit with some other credits that are pending. Pretty amazing, really. And the credits can be used toward shipping, too. By way of example I bought three long handled “spoonulas” costing me about $16 and got a $16 credit for my reviews. Feels almost scandalous. https://www.webstaurantstore.com/vollrath-52116-16-1-2-softspoon-spoonula/92252116.html

Love the amount given for a review. W/ covid @ restaurants being hit again & again maybe it's a way for them to increase sales. Good for them' a break to the consumer. Win Win. Thx for the info 💫😉👍🏼

Update: I like your review'💞🤗💫.
Q. does the end of the spatula come off from the handle?.

Love the amount given for a review. W/ covid @ restaurants being hit again & again maybe it's a way for them to increase sales. Good for them' a break to the consumer. Win Win. Thx for the info 💫😉👍🏼

Update: I like your review'💞🤗💫.
Q. does the end of the spatula come off from the handle?.
Haha thanks. 😄 The end does not come off. I hate spatulas that do that!

I don't use webstaurant because the monthly fee is horrible. Really really high. I bought my bread thing for curing soap through the month free trial but I'm unlike to buy anything again.

BrambleBerry has a rewards program...you gain a bunch of points when you sign up and do a bunch of stuff and then you get one point per Dollar; I just made "Artisan" level. The only thing is...you can only redeem your points on certain items and currently, they really don't have anything I want.

Nurture Soap's rewards program is nice. $5.00 for on your first purchase, $1.00 per review, 5% on subsequent purchases and then you can use your rewards like money. And of course, I love the free shipping when you spend over $30.00...which is easy to do.

I do a lot of shopping on Amazon and so I have an Amazon VISA card...I get 5% cash back on Amazon purchases, 2% at restaurant, gas stations and drugstores, and 1% cash back on all others. The cash back can also be used as Amazon points. As an example, I have $13.84 that I can use to pay my bill or I have $17.52 if I spend it on Amazon.

I don't use webstaurant because the monthly fee is horrible. Really really high. I bought my bread thing for curing soap through the month free trial but I'm unlike to buy anything again.
I know - $90 per month is not practical at the scale of my business. But, the “Plus“ program is optional - you get free shipping with it - but I did the same - did a free month and then canceled, so now I pay shipping for everything. I don’t think their shipping for non “Plus” members is outrageous. You can use the review credits towards shipping, too.

BrambleBerry has a rewards program...you gain a bunch of points when you sign up and do a bunch of stuff and then you get one point per Dollar; I just made "Artisan" level. The only thing is...you can only redeem your points on certain items and currently, they really don't have anything I want.

Nurture Soap's rewards program is nice. $5.00 for on your first purchase, $1.00 per review, 5% on subsequent purchases and then you can use your rewards like money. And of course, I love the free shipping when you spend over $30.00...which is easy to do.

I do a lot of shopping on Amazon and so I have an Amazon VISA card...I get 5% cash back on Amazon purchases, 2% at restaurant, gas stations and drugstores, and 1% cash back on all others. The cash back can also be used as Amazon points. As an example, I have $13.84 that I can use to pay my bill or I have $17.52 if I spend it on Amazon.
I keep looking at Brambleberry’s website but I don’t think I have ever bought from them. They seem kind of expensive, but maybe they are cheaper for some things. Agree the Nurture program is good. And good to know about Amazon. The Amazon van is here basically every day. I use a southwest card because my husband was working on other states for a while so it was great to have points but now he’s here with me. 😊

I keep looking at Brambleberry’s website but I don’t think I have ever bought from them. They seem kind of expensive, but maybe they are cheaper for some things. Agree the Nurture program is good. And good to know about Amazon. The Amazon van is here basically every day. I use a southwest card because my husband was working on other states for a while so it was great to have points but now he’s here with me. 😊

I started out buying everything from BB for several months, but once I found my footing I started branching out to other suppliers…Rustic Escentuals, Be Scented, Nurture Soap, Elements Bath & Body. I also looked at some other companies but I already had too many shades of pink! LOL Eventually I found a local soap supplier for the majority of my oils, butter and lye, and there is Costco just down the way. So I was getting the majority of my FOs from Rustic some some from Bramble. And my boxes from Elements. Then Elements and Rustic got bought out by WSP and the shipping has gone through the roof.

So I’ve been going through all my RE scents, paring them down and I have managed to find subs (via BB and Nurture) for all but the Cantaloupe…my husband’s favorite. Still working on boxes. I don’t mind paying for quality, I’ve never had any problems with BB’s FOs or EOs. My only real complaint about them is the cost of their Trial sizes. I would like to try more of their scents, but their costs keeps me from buying a lot. Which is probably a good thing. But their shipping is very reasonable.

Back