1. We are helping test out a new project for soapmakers. Soapmaking Friend. If you are interested in providing feedback and help guide this project to include all you want to see in a recipe builder and calculator please PM an Admin or post in the Announcements forum. Your feedback is really needed!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Websites for your soaps/crafts

Discussion in 'Vendor Forum' started by bathgeek, Nov 16, 2017.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Nov 16, 2017 #1

bathgeek

bathgeek

bathgeek

I had so much fun building my store (www.bathgeek.com) that I want to build more. I am for hire if you want someone to build your site!

Domain - $10/yr, or don’t get a domain and your site will be www.outlookcreek.com/yoursite for no extra cost. (Outlook Creek is my consulting identity.)

Site storage, traffic, etc -$5/month unless the site starts getting really big and unwieldy, and then we’ll talk.

Website setup & design - if you give me creative freedom within reason, $50 all in, one-time fee, but future revamps will be charged. If you have specific wants/needs it will be a little more at $150 or up depending on consultation to determine your needs and technical challenges.

Logo design costs extra. (I recommend using Fiverr.com!)

Bells and whistles like wishlists, gift cards, composite products (build-your-own-basket type stuff) etc also cost extra. (Those plugins are pay-for plugins.)

2. Nov 17, 2017 #2

KellySoapCo

KellySoapCo

KellySoapCo

Your website looks awesome! What host do you use? What payment service do the payments go through?

3. Nov 17, 2017 #3

bathgeek

bathgeek

bathgeek

Thank you! I am currently spread across Nearlyfreespeech.net (long-time customer) and Nixihost.com (trying these guys out). I self-host my Wordpress installation. As for payments, am I right in thinking you mean my e-commerce? I use Stripe and Paypal for those. I have Square for my in-person payments.

4. Nov 19, 2017 #4

SoapAddict415

SoapAddict415

SoapAddict415

Nice website! DH & I were just talking last week about my trying to sell again, then I had a coworker ask me to do a custom order this week & then I found your post. I'm still undecided but it looks like the universe is telling me that I should try again. I may be contacting you after the holidays.

bathgeek likes this.
  5. Nov 19, 2017 #5

bathgeek

bathgeek

bathgeek

Yay! I look forward to it.

6. Feb 6, 2018 #6

Jules

Jules

Jules

Does the offer still stand? Can you do a wordpress/woocommerce based site (that's what I'm used to and I don't want to have to learn another system)? I already have hosting and the domain name.

7. Feb 6, 2018 #7

bathgeek

bathgeek

bathgeek

Yup! Send me an email or give me a call to talk about it!