Weather Gripe thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin19687

Reaction score
The thing about Minnesota is the 15 thousand lakes, and the river, and the rain. and somehow super crazy hot WHILE it's raining.

I don't find it fun - ANOTHER gripe thread, griping about everything, being positive is a lot better, you are alive, be happy about that, who cares if it's raining, it's hot, it's cold, it's windy, embrace it all and stop whinging. If you woke this morning, SMILE, you are ahead of the game.

If it's raining put on a raincoat, get out the umbrella, it's hot, you have fans, AC, trees, drink more water, go for a swim, it's cold, put on more jumpers, it's windy, stay inside, all are easy to do, no hassles.

Last edited:
The thing about Minnesota is the 15 thousand lakes, and the river, and the rain. and somehow super crazy hot WHILE it's raining.

I am in MN too--I think it seems like Fall here today--way too early but i'll take it instead of the heat and humidity

all are easy to do, no hassles.
Not necessarily true. It’s not always easy to deal with weather changes, and severe swings can really take a toll on people. Seasonal Affected Disorder is a real thing and can lead to deep depression among other things, which are not always easy to overcome.

I know for me, I can’t deal well with extremes. During the winter months, I need lights to combat the dreary nature of winter, or else I get into a funk that can take weeks to come out of. Griping, or “whining” about it does help quite a bit, and I for one am glad there is an outlet to do that, especially with people who share the same interests that I do. Feels like I’m sharing and have camaraderie with good friends.

I don't find it fun - ANOTHER gripe thread, griping about everything, being positive is a lot better, you are alive, be happy about that, who cares if it's raining, it's hot, it's cold, it's windy, embrace it all and stop whinging. If you woke this morning, SMILE, you are ahead of the game.

If it's raining put on a raincoat, get out the umbrella, it's hot, you have fans, AC, trees, drink more water, go for a swim, it's cold, put on more jumpers, it's windy, stay inside, all are easy to do, no hassles.

If you don't like us commiserating with our friends about something feel free to scroll by.

Well, our heat broke so I am happy about that.

Not sure if it is just New England but we complain about the heat (the few times we really get a heat wave) and then about the Cold (not that we are anywhere near what Canada gets ) :p

Well, our heat broke so I am happy about that.

Not sure if it is just New England but we complain about the heat (the few times we really get a heat wave) and then about the Cold (not that we are anywhere near what Canada gets ) :p
I think everyone does that. Here, people complain when it's too hot and they complain when it's cold. I keep reminding people that we have a fairly moderate climate; it really doesn't get crazy hot, nor does it get crazy cold. Sure, it can hit 100ºF and it can go down to around 0ºF but, really, that's moderate. And, thankfully, this year there's no smoke (at this point and hopefully not at all this year).

@Misschief True, my Brother is in Seattle WA but he NEVER complains about the cold because he likes to Ski ;)

It's muggy today I was going to make some soap but when it is this muggy it never turns out well for me.

Tropical storms one after the other here... In a year we get around 20. Some harmless but some are quite hellish.

Classes were called off two days last week, tomorrow some places have already called off again. We have to always check the announcement pages before my teenager leaves for school.

With this much rain over the span of a few weeks we're in danger of flooding. Most of the time it's only out on the street so we're all just stuck inside but we have had experience with the water coming in... Hoping it won't be the case this time.

At 6am it is 73F and humid/muggy/yuck. At least it is only suppose to be about 76F but darn it !
1st thing I thought was Wow THIS is not Autumn.
2nd thing was Wow, I feel bad for anyone that has Curly hair because it is going to be a Bun or Hat day for them today :eek:

I'm in the Phoenix area. When it is only in the 90's during the day I start venturing outside again. When it drops into the 80's I will actually *do* stuff outside. When it gets into the 70's I'll have to start carrying a jacket with me.:p

Tropical storms one after the other here... In a year we get around 20. Some harmless but some are quite hellish.

Classes were called off two days last week, tomorrow some places have already called off again. We have to always check the announcement pages before my teenager leaves for school.

With this much rain over the span of a few weeks we're in danger of flooding. Most of the time it's only out on the street so we're all just stuck inside but we have had experience with the water coming in... Hoping it won't be the case this time.
OMG ... I hope you manage to keep the water out. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG ... I hope you manage to keep the water out. :eek:
It's a constant hope at least for a month or so more.. By November the storms will come less.
stay safe!!!
We will. Thank you both :)

Hasn't rained in 3 days n the humidity has been horrible but we can tell we'll be getting a ton of rain soon lol

I just heard that this weekend we could already be having high temps in the 30s and snow. At least I'll be in CA visiting DD, SIL and grandson, so might miss it. It's too early for this nonsense.

As a friend of mine used to say, "I am on the right side of the grass, so it is a good day!" I for one am thankful for each day. :D Life is short enjoy everything you can...

Latest posts

Back