"We" or "I" on labels?

Discussion in 'Labels and Packaging' started by Kari Howie, Oct 12, 2019.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Oct 19, 2019 #41

SoapySuds

SoapySuds

SoapySuds

The Suds Master Supporting Member

There are two ‘b’s in Babassu.

B(1)ab(2)assu.

2. Oct 22, 2019 #42

TheGecko

TheGecko

TheGecko

She had spelled it as Babbassu.

3. Nov 5, 2019 #43

atiz

atiz

atiz

FWIW, at the farmers market in town here there are usually 3 soapers selling soap. Only one of them lists ingredients; one don't even package their bars, and the other one uses plain brown paper (no label).
    If I did buy a soap, I would like it to have the precise ingredients listed, and would be avoiding much of the "blurbs". (Maybe because I have to read so much bs when grading... I'm a bit allergic to unnecessary writing even if it's nicely done.)

4. Nov 13, 2019 at 3:48 PM #44

Megan

Megan

Megan

You still should not talk about "benefits" of your ingredients even on your website...you can still run into trouble for making claims this way

5. Nov 14, 2019 at 7:35 AM #45

TheGecko

TheGecko

TheGecko

Who said I was making claims? One of the benefits of using an organic/unrefined Cocoa Butter is the lovely cocoa smell. One of the benefits of using RSPO Palm Oil is supporting the sustainable production instead of destruction thereof. I have two test batches curing...one with pumice sand and one with pumice powder. I have no doubts that the powder will offer a gentler exploitation than the sand.

I am aware of how some folks talk about their ingredients...how this ingredient is good for that and that ingredient is good for this and no doubt it is true, BUTT...this is soap. Not including the changes to the ingredients during the saponification process, it’s not a product that remains on your skin but maybe a few minutes between washing it on and rinsing it back off.