We made new candles- Game of Thrones Lovers!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyschelw

SPONSOR
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post this. Hope it is correct to post here.

These candles came about due to past errors. I was giving a class and one of the folks added 3oz of Dragon's Blood to a half pound of the GW464 instead of the required .3oz. Oops. So we have been waiting to use up that wax. So we added more wax and corrected the wax/scent ratio.

I had have had these Game of Thrones - Stark Crests for awhile now. I thought they would somehow make really cool candles. But then when I got them in they were much thinner than I was expecting so I put them aside. So, today Janna (my manager) was playing around and came up with these really great candles!

When the crests came out of the mold she added a little silver rub and buff to see the detail. Poked a hole in the crest with a heated wick pin. Heated the top of the candle with a heat gun and slid the crest on top.

We have already tested the wick size. I just love how they turned out!

Attachments

• 20180223_150929.jpg
    20180223_150929.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 39
Wasn't sure where to post this. Hope it is correct to post here.

These candles came about due to past errors. I was giving a class and one of the folks added 3oz of Dragon's Blood to a half pound of the GW464 instead of the required .3oz. Oops. So we have been waiting to use up that wax. So we added more wax and corrected the wax/scent ratio.

I had have had these Game of Thrones - Stark Crests for awhile now. I thought they would somehow make really cool candles. But then when I got them in they were much thinner than I was expecting so I put them aside. So, today Janna (my manager) was playing around and came up with these really great candles!

When the crests came out of the mold she added a little silver rub and buff to see the detail. Poked a hole in the crest with a heated wick pin. Heated the top of the candle with a heat gun and slid the crest on top.

We have already tested the wick size. I just love how they turned out!
Wow! That's fantastic!

Cool! :cool: Plus I'm totally impressed with how you figured out a way to use up ingredients that might otherwise have ended up in the waste bin. Brilliant!
10 10 10.gif

Back