We did it!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Our new house is ordered. 😁 Although it is not the one I originally wanted it will be okay and I am excited. We ordered a Palm Harbor Mt. Shasta. We spent most of Thursday working on the options I want but I am still tweaking and adding. I am getting closer to moving although it will most likely still be in the fall of 2022 before the house is done. Of course maybe if the Litum mine plans fall apart maybe homes will get canceled and my home will move down the line. You just never know. Some of the Native Indian Tribes are really fighting the prospect of the mine opening and I believe some ranchers are also in on the fight.

We stopped at a dealer in Northern CA to look at some Palm Harbor homes since we had only seen one and got to talking price. The sales rep knew we were moving to Winnemucca and could not help us with the purchase but did give us their price, which was 34k less than I had been quoted from the dealer in Silver Springs Nevada, and 83K less than the dealer in Winnemucca. Never buy in Winnemucca! Bottom line the Silver Springs dealer matched the price so our Salida CA stop was certainly worth it. That price difference almost paid for our garage and my reptile house. My reptile house is going to be bigger than I planned so it will also be sectioned off to become a hobby/soap room. If I ever decide to make soap again, but I probably will at least for us.

Thank you, everyone. Now for the work, grading, foundation, septic, well and the list goes on.

We took Autumn, my granddaughter, with us to our lot last Friday and of course, she had to walk all the way back to the fence line. Well, the darling came back with bones. She found a real find a pile of animal bones and a partial jaw bone in another place on our property. Yeah... Lucky for Autumn grammy was prepared with zip lock bags, sanitizer wipes, and paper towels since I know her well. What I do not like is the BLM land behind my fence is free-range and I am responsible for any cattle that get killed on my property. She said there were no tags and the bones were pretty small unless it was a calf. I sure do not want to pay some rancher for his "Prized Calf". I am also hoping there are no poachers back there but could have been mountain lion, or coyote, not or even badger. She is an interesting child.

I bet she was so excited to have you visit, and to walk the property with you, knowing that you would be living there in the not-too-distant future.

Lucky for Autumn grammy was prepared with zip lock bags, sanitizer wipes, and paper towels since I know her well.

Congratulations!
That must be such an awesome feeling, to work towards a goal like that, and finally make it happen.

Haha, yes, grammys and their ability to foresee all the strange things the smaller ones will get into. It is like a superpower...🦸‍♀️

Our new house is ordered. 😁 Although it is not the one I originally wanted it will be okay and I am excited. We ordered a Palm Harbor Mt. Shasta. We spent most of Thursday working on the options I want but I am still tweaking and adding. I am getting closer to moving although it will most likely still be in the fall of 2022 before the house is done. Of course maybe if the Litum mine plans fall apart maybe homes will get canceled and my home will move down the line. You just never know. Some of the Native Indian Tribes are really fighting the prospect of the mine opening and I believe some ranchers are also in on the fight.

We stopped at a dealer in Northern CA to look at some Palm Harbor homes since we had only seen one and got to talking price. The sales rep knew we were moving to Winnemucca and could not help us with the purchase but did give us their price, which was 34k less than I had been quoted from the dealer in Silver Springs Nevada, and 83K less than the dealer in Winnemucca. Never buy in Winnemucca! Bottom line the Silver Springs dealer matched the price so our Salida CA stop was certainly worth it. That price difference almost paid for our garage and my reptile house. My reptile house is going to be bigger than I planned so it will also be sectioned off to become a hobby/soap room. If I ever decide to make soap again, but I probably will at least for us.
Congratulations! Such exciting news for you!

Back