Wax melt question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maryloucb

Reaction score
I am going to make some wax melts for my own use using coconut oil and beeswax with some essential oil. Can I use a non stick metal mini muffin pan for the molds? Thanks!

I don't really use it all for baking, just wondering if it will come out without sticking.

I don't really use it all for baking, just wondering if it will come out without sticking.
Depends on the ratios of the coconut to beeswax you plan on using. Beeswax is a super hard wax but tends to stick. Coconut wax is a super soft wax, but because of the softness also tends to stick.
Is the pans you plan on using have an flexibility at all? If not, I wouldn't use them as they might be too hard to get out of the pan.
You could try a 50/50 mix and see if that has just the right amount of hardness to be firm, but enough softness that they will slide out.

Thank you! That is exactly what I needed to know! I think I’ll go get myself some silicone molds.

Thank you! That is exactly what I needed to know! I think I’ll go get myself some silicone molds.
If you're making wax melts, they don't only need to pop out of the mold, they need to pop out of whatever you melt them in when you use them. Silicone molds are nice, but if your wax adheres to your melter it's a pain to clean out.

Beeswax does not have good hot throw without a lot of blending and experimenting, so I recommend you use a paraffin blend that is specifically made for wax melts. I think you'll be a lot happier with the results, and it's a lot easier to work with.

Latest posts

Back