*Waves* from N. California

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi from Sonoma County
I have been soaping for 7 years. Took a long break and am back in the saddle. Just placed several orders for more supplies. Can't wait for them to arrive...it feels like Christmas!
Hoping to talk my husband into building me new molds this weekend....LOL

Last edited:
Welcome and also welcome back to soaping! How long have you been off the wagon so to speak? Cause I figure once one is a soaper they are for life and just take forced breaks here and there. :) I've done that for a month or so and always jump back on!

Also from Northern Cali.. can you see my wave over the heatwaves?!

I have been out of the game for about a year and a half. My MIL was sick, and passed away. My dad was in the hospital for several months. My parents ended up moving in with me so I could help with my dad (he has Alzheimers)....life got in the way. My life has seemed to even out a bit....so it's time to soap!
We have (thankfully) been blessed with cooler weather here. I know the rest of the state has been insane!

I'm sorry.. that's a lot to have happen but it's wonderful that you are able to help out with your parents. I hope to be able to do that also when the time comes.. my mother did with hers (she moved to them) and still lives in their home with my dad after they passed away.

Hopefully soaping will give you some time to be alone and create.. it's a wonderful therapeutic craft isn't it.

Back