Watermelon time

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Ziegler

Circle Z soaps
Reaction score
The colors really don't come through in the pictures but there really vibrant in person.

Attachments

• 20200216_124313.jpg
    20200216_124313.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 20200216_124202.jpg
    20200216_124202.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 24
So fun. I have this one on my to make list as well. Congrats.
Thanks.

The watermelon didn't turn out the way I had planned it. I meant to create little yellow circles of different sizes. I spooned the yellow in and proceeded to swirl it. After 2 seconds I saw blue forming and that is when I remembered that I wasn't supposed to swirl it but the damage was already done. Moons & stars watermelon rind has all different sizes of yellow dots on it, not swirled.

That's cool! I want to try a watermelon at some point too after getting some better results with plant colors. :)
I plan on doing a whole series of watermelon soaps. I collect endangered seeds and watermelon comes in a variety of different flesh colors. There is white, yellow, orange, red & pink fleshed watermelons and some of the rinds are yellow or gold as well as green. I actually plan on doing a whole medley of soaps that mimic different rare fruits and vegetables.

My next week soap will be a purple carrot. It has a purple skin with a round orange core. I am still waiting for my long round mold but if it's not here by Friday I will just have to try it freehand style.

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan on doing a whole series of watermelon soaps. I collect endangered seeds and watermelon comes in a variety of different flesh colors. There is white, yellow, orange, red & pink fleshed watermelons and some of the rinds are yellow or gold as well as green. I actually plan on doing a whole medley of soaps that mimic different rare fruits and vegetables.

I wonder if there is a way to make seeds. :)

Latest posts

Back