Water types, Distilled, deionized, or???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cleangrip

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have been using distilled water for all of my soap batches the last few years. I am trying upscale my production, and distilled water is very expensive in large quantities and hard to locate.

Has anyone had any experience using a purified water, deionized, or reverse osmosis types of water? I am curious if I will still have the same successful results switching water. Thanks in advance for any help!

-Bryce

Most grocery stores have a 7-9 stage (RO, UV etc) purified dispenser in the entrance area. It's very affordable, $.35/gallon or $1.75 to fill a 5 gallon water cooler jug.

GlacierWaterDispenser.jpg

I use the glacier water machines too, I would probably use tap but the water in my apt is really, really gross. Never had a water based problem with the glacier water.

I still use distilled water for lotions and hair stuff, but I've been using RO water for soap for a while now. No problems and convenient, cause that's all I drink. :)

Thank you everyone for the insightful advice. Problem is now solved! I will try what you recommended and go from there. Thanks a lot!!

-Bryce

This probably won't help now (depends on where you are located) but if you have a dehumidifier or AC you should save the water that drips off. The dehumidiiers have a hose connection as well as some AC units. Other AC units have a hole that can be used but modified is probably better.

I purchased a water cooler when I was a traveling therapist. Purchased a "Zero Water" filter system and I have been using that water w/out difficulty. It only works in top loading coolers though. Easier for me than schlepping heavy bottles around and much cheaper than bottled water.

Latest posts

Back