Water pools on top of soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quite frankly, and don't want to sound negative, I personally would have thrown it in the bin. You can remould, crockpot and reheat/cook the hell out of it, but in the end, are you prepared to allow your families to use it on your there skin, or if your selling it ready to answer for any personal damage caused to someone else. At the end of the day its your call.

I have thrown a few big batches out due this type of mistake, as my Mentor once said, Is trying to fix this going to help the mistake or make it worse and or unsafe. And treat it as a learning curve.

We tell people not to toss batches of soap until we tell them to, as many can be saved with minimal changes or simply the application of time. Those soaps (once fixed) are no more dangerous than the ones that are perfect the first try. If you applied the lesson of your "Mentor", you would understand that you can make soap better and more safe quite often. We do, occasionally, tell people to toss batches of soap when neither they nor we can figure out what is in them anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or even if I choose to not use a soap that has issues, evaluating the soap over time and attempting to fix its problems can be a learning experience for making better soap in the future.

Ditto what Susie and DeeAnna said in regards to tossing soap. I would never even think of tossing a batch except as a last resort, i.e., if it is impossible to end up with a safe soap when all is said and done. My philosophy is this: Why let your ingredients (and the hard-earned money you spent on them) go to waste if it's not necessary?

DocMar said:
are you prepared to allow your families to use it on your there skin, or if your selling it ready to answer for any personal damage caused to someone else. At the end of the day its your call.

Why do you automatically equate saving a batch with being a risky thing, or that that a saved batch will be unsafe to use? Saved soap does not = unsafe soap. Implied in the definition of 'saved soap' is that positive steps were taken to turn something potentially unsafe into safe, usable soap.

IrishLass :)

Back