Watch face for soaping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Ziegler

Circle Z soaps
Reaction score
For those with a smart watch I have been trying to design a watch face that will be handy to use while making soap. However I can't really come up with anything.

I'm not even sure that there is anything that would be of use to anyone.

If you have an opinion or suggestion, please let me know.

The only thing I really want to look at when I'm soaping is the recipe...
I'm not sure which SDK you're using for your watch faces and how versatile it is; if you could send the recipe via Bluetooth and display all the ingredients in a list that could be checked off so they disappear as you go, that could be useful.

I'm not sure which SDK you're using for your watch faces and how versatile it is; if you could send the recipe via Bluetooth and display all the ingredients in a list that could be checked off so they disappear as you go, that could be useful.
I can't do that for a watch face but there's an app that will do what you want.

This would be mighty useful. No more "aw crap, did I forget to add the castor oil?" As watch app this would be particularly useful, as I really don't feel like whipping my phone out every step of the way. Hmm.

Yeah it was about the only thing I could think of! A shame it doesn't seem to be possible, because between my phone and paper I think I'll stick with paper.

Yeah it was about the only thing I could think of! A shame it doesn't seem to be possible, because between my phone and paper I think I'll stick with paper.
Yes, I use paper as well. and would not really want a recipes on my wrist.
My watch is always covered by my gloves, so I don't need any help from my watch while making soap, and besides, the screen is far too small for me to read even if it weren't covered by my gloves during soapmaking.

Thanks for all the replies. I couldn't find anything useful to put on a watch either but if you have the app "watchmaker" or "facer" I have a bunch of free watch faces that I have designed that you can use. If you want me to send you the link just let me know.

I think my watch faces only work on galaxy watches and sometimes Apple.

Latest posts

Back