Was going for interior gold accents....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltwater Scented

Reaction score
I wanted to get some gold accents on a drop swirl (is this what it's called?) for a Christmas color bar done with AZ Soap Supplies Autumn Wreath FO. I didn't use too much gold as I didn't want to waste the mica if it didn't work. Turned out pretty darn okay for a first shot. I put in a second layer of white and it messed up the pattern that was already in the bar on the first half pour. You can see the white pushing the other colors out of the way in the right front bar.

Now it's time to try it with a few other color combos to see what I can do with it.
xmas.jpg

Pretty! I think that gold accent is really nice.. Like someone threaded gold string through the soap. Looking forward to see your next combos :)

I love love love doing mica oil drop swirls! These look great!

Actually not oil drops. What I did was put in a thin pencil line of the gold on my first layer of white, then did the pours through that mica. Did the red, a little more mica right over that area where the red cleared out the pencil line, then the green. I put in the second layer of white which I poured way too quickly even with the spatula, then another bit of mica; lather, rinse, repeat.

Actually not oil drops. What I did was put in a thin pencil line of the gold on my first layer of white, then did the pours through that mica. Did the red, a little more mica right over that area where the red cleared out the pencil line, then the green. I put in the second layer of white which I poured way too quickly even with the spatula, then another bit of mica; lather, rinse, repeat.
Well done! Thanks for sharing. :)

Latest posts

Back