Was asked an interesting question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last Friday at my market I had a gal come to my booth looking for soap. Her question was, "which are your oldest soaps?" I had to ask her if she is a soapmaker answer was no but a good friend made soap which she sends to China. I had several that were over a year old and those are what she purchased. Did not care that the scent was not strong, she just wanted long aged soaps. You just never know what a customer will ask :think:

i wonder if it is b/c she feels they will last longer, the idea being that most of the water has been removed?

I think that was a very good question coming from a customer. I always let my customers know that my soaps have been curing for at least 6 weeks and if interested explain why it's a good thing. I'm sure they will love them and hopefully purchase some more.

I think that was a very good question coming from a customer. I always let my customers know that my soaps have been curing for at least 6 weeks and if interested explain why it's a good thing. I'm sure they will love them and hopefully purchase some more.
It was a very good question, but the first time I have been asked this question in 5 yrs at markets. I also tell my customers a long cure makes the best soap. I actually told a good customer that was buying up soaps monthly to save for Christmas if any came up with orange spots to bring them back for replacement. I knew she did not have the money to purchase all at once, and she is local, but since moved. :-(. I have to admit a couple I was afraid might acquire dos apparently did not since she never returned any. So her friends and family received some very nice soaps

Latest posts

Back