Quantcast

Was asked an interesting question

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last Friday at my market I had a gal come to my booth looking for soap. Her question was, "which are your oldest soaps?" I had to ask her if she is a soapmaker answer was no but a good friend made soap which she sends to China. I had several that were over a year old and those are what she purchased. Did not care that the scent was not strong, she just wanted long aged soaps. You just never know what a customer will ask :think:

not_ally

Reaction score
Wow, that was a really good question. I think I would have given her a bunch of the oldest soaps I had there for free :)

LazyUmbrella

Reaction score
i wonder if it is b/c she feels they will last longer, the idea being that most of the water has been removed?

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
She actually knew they are more gentle and last longer, which is why I figured she makes soap. Lol, Not_Alley no way a year old soap with no dos is a fantastic soap

CaraBou

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Good for her and you both, cmz. Hope she lets you know how much she loves them.

shunt2011

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I think that was a very good question coming from a customer. I always let my customers know that my soaps have been curing for at least 6 weeks and if interested explain why it's a good thing. I'm sure they will love them and hopefully purchase some more.

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that was a very good question coming from a customer. I always let my customers know that my soaps have been curing for at least 6 weeks and if interested explain why it's a good thing. I'm sure they will love them and hopefully purchase some more.
It was a very good question, but the first time I have been asked this question in 5 yrs at markets. I also tell my customers a long cure makes the best soap. I actually told a good customer that was buying up soaps monthly to save for Christmas if any came up with orange spots to bring them back for replacement. I knew she did not have the money to purchase all at once, and she is local, but since moved. :-(. I have to admit a couple I was afraid might acquire dos apparently did not since she never returned any. So her friends and family received some very nice soaps

not_ally

Reaction score
I would have just been so impressed that a non-soaper knew about cure that I would have loved her (hence the free soaps.) It is a good thing I don't actually sell, I don't think I would be v. good at it :)