Wanted Soap Edger

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakropelnicki

Reaction score
I am wanting a new soap edger/bevel for my soap. I currently have one from Brambleberry, which is excellent but I think it cuts my edges "too deep." The one I really want is from soapmakingequipment.com, but it is $27.50 (they have a $30 minimum per order) + another $21.00 to ship it to me. I tried a veggie peeler and it is inconsistent on getting smooth edges.

Suggestions?

Go get some acetate and stick it on the sides of the beveler to reduce the cut.

Something like this. Add a piece to BOTH sides at the same time until the cut is the depth you want. You can try it with paper first to see how much thickness you'll ultimately need.

Last edited by a moderator:
A long time ago i used a beveler ... Because i was heavy handed and could not use the potato peeler. Today I used a peeler and I move very quickly. It take time and practice.

I am wanting a new soap edger/bevel for my soap. I currently have one from Brambleberry, which is excellent but I think it cuts my edges "too deep." The one I really want is from soapmakingequipment.com, but it is $27.50 (they have a $30 minimum per order) + another $21.00 to ship it to me. I tried a veggie peeler and it is inconsistent on getting smooth edges.

Suggestions?

I've just been using a paring knife and scraping lightly rather than cutting. Seems to work pretty well and I can be light-handed!

Back