Wanted Custom Pull-through Plates

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woooo - how exciting! Look what i just got in the mail:
IMG_2825.jpg

Thank you @GraciousGraphics!

Hi, so I'm new to soap making. What exactly are we looking at? How do you use these please and thanks!

Hi, so I'm new to soap making. What exactly are we looking at? How do you use these please and thanks!
These are pull-through design tools, aka "soap shapers." If you search YouTube for "pull through soap" you will find some videos. I think we had a pull-through challenge here on SMF, as well.

Hi - if you ar new to soap making I would recommend making a few plain batches before trying this method out. It would be quite stressful, i would imagine, to cope with this method until you are more confident.

I agree with @KiwiMoose to wait with this technique until you have a good grasp of recognizing emulsion and being able to keep your batter fluid long enough to complete the pour. It is a fun technique to do though, and I would definitely put it on your bucket list.

Pouring through something like a sink strainer is much easier, and gives very pretty results. The SMF challenge used this technique in April of this year.
https://www.soapmakingforum.com/thr...e-strainer-pour-pull-through-technique.78746/

I agree with @KiwiMoose to wait with this technique until you have a good grasp of recognizing emulsion and being able to keep your batter fluid long enough to complete the pour. It is a fun technique to do though, and I would definitely put it on your bucket list.

Pouring through something like a sink strainer is much easier, and gives very pretty results. The SMF challenge used this technique in April of this year.
https://www.soapmakingforum.com/thr...e-strainer-pour-pull-through-technique.78746/
Thanks everyone! I can't wait to try this and it will be on my bucket list!! Happy New Year!

Latest posts

Back