Want to make soap lift pads

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodym

Reaction score
Is there a way to make my own soap lift pads to sell at a farmers market with my hand made CP soap? Any advice!? I would think there has got to be away to buy the material and cut my own? Thank you so much in advance!

I crochet "scrubby pads" like you'd use to scrub off stuck-on food from dishes and put them in a pretty dish. This works well as a "soap deck" or whatever you want to call 'em.
P1020242.JPG
Other people make decks out of pine, cedar, or other water-tolerant wood, but it's nice to have a tablesaw and a router for that.

Those are great ideas, a friend of mine makes those scrubbys.. I have a saw/tools but really would just like to have a stack of pads for drying soap. They seam to be the craz right now and I think would be fun to have with my soap! Need to find a sourcd for the multi directional bioplastic material though if anyone can help! Thanx again love the ideas on this also!

Are you talking about something like this:
227117-DEFAULT-L.jpg

If so, I have purchased large ones and cut them smaller a few times. You could do that. Or you could crochet or knit some nylon pot scrubbers with yarn & netting and sell those as lifts. My SIL makes pot scrubbers in a rectangular shape that would be perfect for use as a soap lift. They're a simple yarn and nylon netting that look something like the ones in this video:

I see DeeAnna posted while I was composing. Same idea.

But as for a source for the multi-drectional bio-plastic, I have no idea.

Are you talking about something like this:
227117-DEFAULT-L.jpg

If so, I have purchased large ones and cut them smaller a few times. You could do that. Or you could crochet or knit some nylon pot scrubbers with yarn & netting and sell those as lifts. My SIL makes pot scrubbers in a rectangular shape that would be perfect for use as a soap lift. They're a simple yarn and nylon netting that look something like the ones in this video:

I see DeeAnna posted while I was composing. Same idea.

But as for a source for the multi-drectional bio-plastic, I have no idea.

Yes! These are exactly what I'm talking about! But would be to much $ to sell at market if I bought them individually so would like to see if can make these. The scrubbys are a great idea though!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have found them sold in 2-packs in a fairly large size at a fairly inexpensive price, so cutting them into 4 and trimming around the edges didn't seem too costly to me. But I don't remember where I bought the two-packs for what seemed a reasonable price to me. Maybe Walmart (but I'm not sure.) Dibbles's link would probably give you a better bottom line price, though.

Latest posts

Back