Walmart Coconut Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was it a Super WalMart? I ask because the regular ones don't seem to have it just the Supers. Even then the one in Green Bay always seems to be out of it.

Yea, if it is a Super Wal-Mart, it will be located on the "oils" aisle where the olive and shortening is. It is about halfway down and located on the very top shelf! It is called Lou-Ann Coconut Oil. It is a white plastic container with a green lid. About 2 hours ago, I bought 6 containers of it! :D

Paul... :) :wink:

Wow. Thanks.

I went to Walmart and found it, now that I could spot it out. They had a bunch of it, and a really good price.

Usually trips to Walmart end up in disaster, but today it went well. Didn't even have to come home & get drunk!

PhillipJ said:
Usually trips to Walmart end up in disaster, but today it went well. Didn't even have to come home & get drunk!

HA! Thanks for the laugh......I totally understand what you are talking about.....

dana

Soapmaker Man said:
Yea, if it is a Super Wal-Mart, it will be located on the "oils" aisle where the olive and shortening is. It is about halfway down and located on the very top shelf! It is called Lou-Ann Coconut Oil. It is a white plastic container with a green lid. About 2 hours ago, I bought 6 containers of it! :D

Paul... :) :wink:

O.K. Paul,

I admit I had to laugh at you describing where coconut oil can be found at Super Walmart because some stores, no matter where there are located are set up the same. But then it struck me that while I'm sure Super Walmarts are set up the same for the most part, there are some differences. Like mine for instance, the oils aisle is toward the middle of the store on an end aisle. But the co is located at the top.

But anyway, it made me laugh that we can at times be states apart, and can still describe where to find something at a common store and know what that person is describing or talking about. So funny.

I live in the D.C. area, a HUGE area with all kinds of stores, and the closest Walmart superstore is 30 miles from me. That's good to know that they have coconut oil, though- I had no idea that they carried it.

It is funny! I only know because I lived 4 years in the Orlando area, and every Super Center Wal-Mart had the Lou-Ann Coconut Oil in the exact same place! I bet I went to 5 or 6 Wal-Mart's down there and all were located at same exact place! We moved back to Missouri in April, and there are 3 different Wal-Mart Super Centers here we shop, and every one is exactly the same as where the Lou-Ann Coconut Oil was located in Florida!!! :shock: :shock:

So I figure, Wal-Mart must put their Coconut Oil in the exact same place at 1,000's of Wal-Mart Super Centers! :lol:

That is why I could, I hope, accurately describe the exact location at his Wal-Mart! :lol: I figured; If I had those odds at the lottery, I would be a multi-millionaire by now.

But, agreed, it is a hoot! :lol:

Paul.... :) :wink:

LOL with you Paul. :) :) Even though some Walmarts might be set up different, we (or at least I did) still knew what you were talking about and could picture it in our minds.

I like the idea of all stores placing thier items in the same location. The local grocery store I shop at switch the items around every couple of years. And a lot of other stores do that too. I am such a creature of habit and that alone makes me wanna get drunk.

PhillipJ said:
I like the idea of all stores placing thier items in the same location. The local grocery store I shop at switch the items around every couple of years. And a lot of other stores do that too. I am such a creature of habit and that alone makes me wanna get drunk.

That is a good point. I too hate it when I can not find something because a store has decided to rearrange items.

I guess I had never thought about this until Paul's post. No matter where you go, you can go into any Walmart and there will be an inherent likeness about it. So much so that we can discuss it on a board and follow the discussion. I'm trying to think if Target and KMarts are like this too. Does anyone know?

The funny part is that they probably paid someone millions of dollars to scientificly deduce the best place in a 100,000 sq foot store to place the coconut oil.

Latest posts

Back