Wall Pour Questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judiraz

Reaction score
How are the outlines seen in some wall pours achieved? I can do a decent wall pour, but for the life of me, can't get the outlined look.

Shimmy Baby 1.jpg

What do you mean about the outlined look? Do you mean when people put a thin layer of black before their color or do you mean the colors going up the middle? Or something else?

LP***mind meld***

If you mean a thin layer of a different color, you pour a small amount of that color in before you pour in the bigger amount of the main color, then go to the other side and pour in a small amount of your contrast color, then your main color (all down the wall of course) and alternate. I think one of the trickier things is to use the same amount of batter for each pour, both contrast and main, so it is all even. Otherwise, I can see it looking wonky and uneven. It doesn't take much of the contrast color to get it to spread to a thin layer though, so you should probably use less than you think you need.

Last edited:
From my try, definitely less of the contrast than it seems you will need, if the outlined look is what you are wanting. Like this? (Except maybe only one color for contrast)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjkatAmYcW4[/ame]

Dibbles, that is what I mean, or the exam-le in the January Challenge thread. I just ended up with blobs of the contrasting color on the sides, it did't encircle the main color. I can get the color up the center if my trace is right.

Dibbles, that is what I mean, or the exam-le in the January Challenge thread. I just ended up with blobs of the contrasting color on the sides, it did't encircle the main color. I can get the color up the center if my trace is right.

I think it needs very fluid batter and a light hand with the contrast. I love the look, so will keep trying.

Latest posts

Back