Walking Dead

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would guess that most people will not agree that znation is better then walking. When I said corny, I mean really really corny.
So far there has been a zombie filled tornado, zombie bear, zombie baby, a giant cheese wheel rolling across america taking out zombies, a zombie log jamb on the Mississippi, zombie strippers and Z weed. Oh and one of the main characters has turned blue, very weird.

How is fear the walking dead turning out? I tried to watch it but there was too much family drama with the angsty teenagers and arguments. When I watch zombie stuff, I want zombies and gore.

The only zombie show on now that I enjoy is IZombie.

TWD is just soooo gory. I mean, I stopped watching Gotham after the eyeball incident. >Shudder<

Its funny, I had lasik surgery, and that did not bother me a bit. But even suggest and eye gouge and I curl up in a ball.

ANd we won't talk about the reactions the spatter fest TWD give me.

I've never heard of IZombie. What station does that come on? Although I'm pretty sure TWD has forever spoiled me to any other zombie shows

It is on the CW. It is based off of a comic book I believe.

The main character is a zombie who works in a crime lab doing autopsies. She is relatively normal as long as she gets enough brains to eat, but if she gets hungry she turns into a your typical monster zombie.

One of the side effects is that when she eats the brains of dead people, she takes on their skills, personalities and some of their memories. So she uses this to help solve murders.

It is a fun show - but not really horror.

It is on the CW. It is based off of a comic book I believe.

The main character is a zombie who works in a crime lab doing autopsies. She is relatively normal as long as she gets enough brains to eat, but if she gets hungry she turns into a your typical monster zombie.

One of the side effects is that when she eats the brains of dead people, she takes on their skills, personalities and some of their memories. So she uses this to help solve murders.

It is a fun show - but not really horror.

Agreed. It's basically a "magic detective" formula show with deus ex zombie solving the crimes, crossed with a superhero show, and a light dusting of Quantum Leap as the main character's personality changes every episode. As a CW show, it's full of pretty, young people and light storylines. It is well done for what it is, though, with clever and witty writing. The main character is played by Rose McIver who does a great job.

I recommend it if you like the lighter fare, but don't expect anything close to the gore of TWD, or its powerful episodes like The Grove, or last night's Thank You.

Oh I am perfectly fine with dark & gritty. I was really enjoying the Fish story line on Gotham until THAT scene. I love American Horror Story, tho that pushes my limits. I just don't think dark and gritty requires gore. :) I have no problems with people who like gore. My partner thinks stuff like that is funny, simply because is so over the top. He has the good sense to know it is not real - where my crazy imagination takes it and runs off to wild and woolly places with it.

I have seen season 1 and most of season 2, and a little of 3. The story is pretty epic. And the casting is grand.

You just can't beat the cast of TWD. Their casting director is a genius! And the story line is definitely epic! Too many twists and turns. Every time you think you have something figured out, they go and change it! Carol is the perfect example of this. I love it!

I cannot comment more on FTWD as I only have watched few episodes but for me it is quite good nevertheless. izombie is also a good show. Modernized zombies. Right now I am an avid fan of The Strain. It's not zombi-ish but more like infections by helminth that turns people into creepy creatures.

I cannot comment more on FTWD as I only have watched few episodes but for me it is quite good nevertheless. izombie is also a good show. Modernized zombies. Right now I am an avid fan of The Strain. It's not zombi-ish but more like infections by helminth that turns people into creepy creatures.

The Strain is vampires. More like Brian Lumley vampires. And I really like vampires and werewolves. :) True Blood, the first 6 or so Anita Blake books, Anne Rice...

I really tried to get into the strain but couldn't. I watched the first season and a few episodes of season 2 but it was so slow and most of the character are terrible, I just couldn't do it anymore.

I really tried to get into the strain but couldn't. I watched the first season and a few episodes of season 2 but it was so slow and most of the character are terrible, I just couldn't do it anymore.

Haha! For me it's quite cool even though there's less blood showing right now.

Part of my problem is when I watch monster movies, I want to see the monsters doing what they do. The strain is way too focused on the survivors and the cure. Besides people being bitten and turning, we never really get to see why the monsters are so bad or all the evil that they can do.
Plus I really hate the CDC guy and his kid, in a really vampire apocalypse, neither wouldn't have survived.

Yes I have to agree with your statement. They made it look fine rather than chaotic gore fights.

I love this series. I watch it religiously every monday!

I was really disappointed with the strain. Guillermo del torro is one of my favourite directors. I love pan's labyrinth and the orphanage so I watched the strain with such high hopes and they were completely dashed. His animated kids film day of the dead is one of my favourite kids movies too. I am looking forward to the Crimson peak though, have to go and see that soon.

Anyone else upset that the last Walking Dead episode, which was a half hour longer than usual, was completely about Morgan?

Back